Self-titled

"We're all here tonight for one special reason and that's for the release of their debut album, The 1975!" Jamie announces into the microphone.

The club is filled to the brim with family, friends and people of influence and they all clap and cheer in cue with his words.

He steps to the side to reveal Matty, George, Ross and Adam who were all smiling like cheshire cats. "I don't know anyone who works harder than these 4 men, they deserve every bit of success."

Matty is passed the microphone, he clears his throat nervously before talking "Thanks everyone for coming, the support is very much appreciated. Hope ya like the album cause it took fuckin' ages to make." He jokes before scratching his head at the laughs and continues "Enjoy yourselves and just wanna say thanks to Jamie and everyone at DirtyHit and our number one fan Bea."

I blush as he points in my direction and winks before chuckling, George grabs the mic off of him "Lets party fuckers!" in typical George fashion.

The music starts up again, the lights beaming throughout the club and people take their places back on the dance floor.

Matty walks over to me, taking hold of my hands and spinning me round before pulling me to him. I run my hands through his hair "You look so cool up there, rockstar!"

He grins "Oh yeah? Feels pretty good to be honest, can't believe we have an album out in 3 hours."

"This is the beginning of great things, mark my words. Obviously there will be haters but so many people are just going to fall in love with you." I ramble on.

"Fall in love with us? As long as our groupie doesn't feel forgotten." He jokes, holding his hands up in surrender when I glare at him.

Ross interrupts us, handing the two of us glasses of champagne. I take a sip and squint "Fuckin' hell thats expensive." waving the glass around.

"Tell me about it, they're just giving it out for free. I already love this being in a band thing!" He says in an excited tone.

Atticus walks over to us, holding onto my shoulders from behind in a relaxed slouch. "I hope I have a shoutout on that album, Healy, Macdonald." He says jokingly, ruffling Matty's hair as he does.

Matty huffs, passing me his glass of champagne before fixing his hair "Of course, track 12 is dedicated to you cause you act like a 12 year old." He barks back, in the same mocking tone. "And careful of the hair. It's insured." he frowns.

We all laugh at him knowing he's taking the mick. Ross spots his mum from across the club and leans down to tell me where he's going before disappearing into the sea of people.

I turn back to see my two favourite men in a deep conversation about the buffet that was in the corner of the club. The real party is apparently at the buffet table.

Denise comes over with Louis and coos over her boys whilst taking a hundred of the same photo. Louis whines and starts putting his hand in the way of the camera whilst Matty rests his chin on his younger brother's head and throws peace signs whilst pouting.

I make my way around the club, thanking people on behalf of the boys and making conversation with different people in the industry. Suki comes to rescue me after noticing I couldn't get away from a woman who had been talking about her annual cruise to me for 20 minutes.

I was up on the roof of the club, leaning on the balcony railing and taking in the cold evening air. I hadn't realised how bad I was shivering until I felt the familiar clad of leather wrap around my body.

Turning round I see Matty grinning at me, he hadn't stopped smiling all evening. I never not wanted to see him smile, he deserved to be this happy for the rest of his life.

He lights up a smoke, taking it between his fingers and pressing it to my lips before digging back in his pocket and bringing out another for himself. I nod in appreciation and enjoy the warmth it brings me.

"M'so proud of you." I tell him, quietly.

For years, all they had done was work hard at what they were passionate about. So many people had turned them down and yet they didn't let it break them. I knew Matty put his whole self into the writing process and I also knew that the others had.

I was lucky enough to get to watch them grow, and I know I'll be lucky enough to watch them takeover the world one day.

"I love you." Matty replies.

"And I love you, now let's go back downstairs because it's about to turn midnight and I don't want to hear George's whining for weeks on end about how he didn't get to spend that moment with his boys."

He chuckles, stubbing out his cigarette on the ashtray and taking my hand in his. "C'mon then Darling, let's not keep em' waiting."