Converse

Imma assume y'all know about the pride converse (just google it if you don't), and the idea's great, but tbh they kinda suck

First off, they're selling for $80. Most converses sell for no more than like $60

Second, nothing's going to help LGBTQ+ people. The whole thing is literally the company going, "Huh lgbtq+ people like rainbows, let's take advantage of that." There's no, "let's acknowledge that they need support and donate some of the proceeds."

And they could have absolutely donated the money seeing as they were charging 20+ dollars more for these pride sneakers

Third, all they did was the rainbow and trans flag. Those are the main to lgbtq+ flags, but still, if you're going to exploit pride and stuff, at least exploit it for all of us, if you get what I mean? If I saw shoes from a major retailer with the ace flag on them, I would literally scream.

I mean I would get my shit together and come out to my parents if I could get ace shoes.

And I feel like it's like that for all companies. I think I might've said this before, but companies seem to think that the only flag is the rainbow flag. And that's great and all, but I want things for the groups in the lgbtq+ community, not just our umbrella flag. 

For example, google. There are emojis like 🔊 that no one uses, but they can't have pride flags that would a) make someone's day much more than 🏠 or 🎖 and b) are much more useful, but guess which ones exist! Not the pride flags because what would apple gain from it?

It's the same kind of thing as Ariana Grande flying a pride flag at Coachella. If she wanted to truly help lgbtq+ people, then she wouldn't go, and she'd tell her followers to not go, but she just wanted attention for it.

Lmao this is very accusing sorry, but I'm rly annoyed by it