We're writing a book!! Part 3

So a few more things that have been decided: Our character is 16 (there were a lot of comments for 17, but I don't want this to be about college admissions, so they're actually going to be 16)

There were a lot of votes for Felix and Lex. Which is perfect because when they're agender, they can go by lex for a nickname, and when she's a girl, she can go by Lexi, and either one I guess when she's a Demi-girl. The one problem with this is that we decided that their parents are pretty conservative, meaning that they would think Felix is a boy name.

So that would mean Felix is assigned male at birth. And that's all fine, but I happen to have a very limited knowledge of the male body and dysphoria, so while that would be a really interesting story to write, if I wrote it, it wouldn't be very good or accurate. 

Since there are only really two things you can be assigned at birth, that would mean they're afab (assigned female at birth). But then their parents probably wouldn't have named them Felix. The girl version of Felix is Felicity, so we could go with that. We could also have their name be Alexa or Alexandra. Also another popular name was Ash, so we could have their name be Ashley or Ashlynn. And Nik was pretty popular too, so maybe Nikki or Nicole. OR they could have changed their name in which case it doesn't matter.

So the new options:

Felicity

Alexa

Alexandra (Alessandra maybe?)

Ashley

Ashlynn

Nikki

Nicole

If you have other ideas, please comment those too.

None of y'all commented whether they should be tall or short, so I'm going to make them short because I'm short and yeah.

For how they refer to people, there were a few options. Mainly people liked encased skeletons and subordinates, but someone suggested peasants and I love that. May I also suggest plebes?

But four is kind of a lot of names, so if we could narrow that down to like 2, that would be great.

Encased skeletons

Subordinates

Peasants

Plebes

Barely anyone chose events for speech, but poetry was most popular. Which honestly? I'm a little disappointed with y'all because other events are way cooler, so I'm making the executive decision to switch that the congress, and they can try out poetry. No hard feelings ofc :)

Catchphrases are easier to have a bunch of, so they're gonna have three: Oh fuck, that sounds like a you problem, and I aced that.

For parents I kind of fucked up because I forgot that you could be raised by family members, so big L right there. There were a lot of votes for one or two dads, and someone gave the idea of living with their uncle and his husband. Another one was being raised by a single dad and having other family members come in and out helping 

There's also my personal favorite option that I didn't add where the main character is raised by a group of people who act all tough and stuff, but they have a soft spot for the main character. Thoughts?

For siblings, people said they wanted an nb sibling and a trans sister. We've sort of established that their parents would probably have adopted all their kids, so maybe they take in LGBTQ+ kids that got kicked out by their parents? 

Now we have another sort of paradox because all the votes were for the parents to be bigoted, but the siblings not to be. This kind of makes the two gay dads option a little hard, so now it can either be the group thing or a single dad and family. Or another option.

Votes were split pretty evenly on pets, so if there can only be one pet, I want a cat or dog, but leaning more towards a cat. 

Also for languages, I liked English, French, and Latin. I speak English and (mediocre) French, and I'm learning Latin, so I'd be able to write them all (I'd include translations too when they matter ofc). This also leads to the great possibility rear our oc can speak to the cat or dog in latin. 

They have three close friends and a bunch of less close friends, and also all their friends are LGBTQ+ or allies.

For hair color, there was most votes for black and pastel, so I present you this: they bleached their hair a few months ago, so now their roots have grown in black, but they redye their hair every few weeks to different pastel colors.

As for haircut, they have an eboy haircut. Google Neon Eubanks if you want a clearer idea because that's exactly the hair I'm thinking of.

It's a little wavy, but at this length, you can barely see it.

For ethnicity, I honestly have no clue. Hit me up with more ideas of where they're from please and thanks :)

Eye color. Most votes were for dark brown, grey, or changing. Someone said they should have heterochromia (two different colored eyes), so that was interesting. Eyes that 'change' color can look grey sometimes, so we could include grey there, but they usually don't look dark brown.

So I propose: They have one dark brown eye and one eye that changes between probably like grey green and blue.

They have a greek goddess body type

Now that we've basically built our character and I'm almost at a thousand words, I'm going to stop this chapter and continue in a later chapter. If you have more ideas, still comment them because I want to hear them, and yeah...

Also if you commented something kind of recently and I completely ignored it, that's my bad; I started writing this like a week ago and just finally finished, so I haven't seen everything.