So I nearly shrieked in health today...😄😄😄

Every year I get my hopes every time "sexuality" comes up in the textbook in health class (AKA sex ed), only to learn it actually means we're going to talk about sex. Which is important, but I'm nearly certain I'm not going to be having sex ever, so it's very disappointing for me.

Especially since I've spent ages learning about many sexualities and gender identities and whatnot in my search to figure out what I am, so I'm pretty well-versed in all that. Having a unit on sexuality would be easy.

We did have like one day in seventh grade where my teacher said "there's straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and they keep coming up with new ones, so it's hard to keep track." As well as, "I read that they've invented 63 genders," and then proceeded to say nothing else about gender identity. What can I say? I live in America. 

My current health teacher is really good though, and he seems actually respectful of LGBTQIA+ identities. 

Anyway, as I was saying, I get my hopes up every year. Including this year. So I flipped to the chapter named sexual identity. I read through a few of them, but I couldn't read much more because I was already smiling so much that I wouldn't be able to hide it soon. 

I read through it again at home, and I literally can't stop smiling. Not only does it have asexual as one of the terms, it has demisexual and romantic orientation, AND IT CLARIFIES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ASEXUALS AND CELIBATES. 

MY CLASS IS GOING TO GET A USEFUL, COMPREHENSIVE EDUCATION OF GENDERS AND SEXUALITIES AND I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

It doesn't have aromantic, but maybe I can bring that up or something.

It also explains how to use a few neopronouns, how to treat LGBTQ+ people respectfully, and I legitimately think at least someone's going to find their right label from this unit.

Also yet another update on what the fuck I am: You know how I said I think I'm oriented aroace? That's still true, but I'm going to start referring as the attraction I do feel as emotional attraction because I haven't actually told anyone I'm oriented aroace cuz I feel like they won't believe it exists. But emotional attraction? That sounds completely legit. 

My opinions don't go for everyone of coarse; use the labels that feel right. 

I just feel like using 'emotional attraction' makes me more comfortable than 'orientated'

Since I guess I'm just doing an orientation update, there's a girl next to me in latin that I kind of like, but idk. Do you ever see someone and really want to be friends with them, but it's not a squish? So I think I'm bi-curious now.

Anyway back to what I meant to write this chapter about... I'm going to ACE this unit