What did I ever do to you, Jesus?

In French class today, my teacher gave us partners to talk to, and I got matched up with this boy. The first minute or so, its all good and we're talking about traveling and vacations in French. Then he scratches his face or something and I realized he had a black ring on. So at that point, I'm like could it be? And I asked to see his ring.

It was black with a blue band in the middle. Middle finger. Right hand. Holy shit.

All the blood in my body rushed to my brain or out of my brain or something because I actually felt like I was going to faint for a second. I forgot to breath and my heart was beating fast. I think that's the closest kind of feeling I've gotten to sexual attraction. Nervous but in a good way (Obviously not attracted to him cuz duh, but to the situation? But not sexual, just the same physical feelings I think. This would be easier to compare if I knew what sexual attraction felt like).

So then I randomly said I like cake, except it wasn't really random because... We're not not friends, and he's kinda weird so it's not like I thought he'd judge me TOO hard for it.

Continuing, he looked at my kinda oddly and shrugged and we kept talking about vacations and stuff. Remember that I still felt like I was gonna pass out. 

Later, I was telling my friend about it in the hallway, and he turned out to be next to us, so I pointed to him. Being the subtle person she is, my friend tapped him on the shoulder and was like, "let me see your ring."

Then she turned to me and said, "no I don't think so, it's blue." (I kinda feel bad for the kid if he legitimately just decided to wear that ring without knowing and had no clue what we were talking about)

And he said it was blue and black. So then my friend turned to me again and said that it probably wasn't the ring. He looked really confused and walked away. 

So it does look like he's not ace, but how do you accidentally wear a black ring on the middle finger of your right hand? He wasn't wearing any other rings either. Why that color and that finger and that hand? WHY PLAY WITH MY HOPE LIKE THIS?????