1

Before you continue with the WattPad versions of The Emden Series I wanted to tell you about the published books!

If you'd like a polished, more in depth book, the published versions have been professionally edited with added content, epilogues, etc. I don't make any money from writing on Wattpad, so your purchase of my published books helps me to continue my dream of writing. It would mean a lot to me if you checked out the published versions and skip a couple cups of coffee to help support a creator and if you can't afford to purchase them then you are the reason that I keep the rough drafts here for free. Love you guys!!!

Grab your copies on Amazon, Kindle, and Barnes & Noble!

♥️

As we walk out of building C, I glance over to see Ashley bouncing beside me, a huge smile plastered over her face.

"I can't believe we are finished with our freshman year!" She squeals as she throws her head back dramatically.

"I know! I can't wait to celebrate tonight!" I say happily. I haven't seen my boyfriend, Ian, in a week and I miss him so much. He's been so busy between Lacrosse and finals that he just hasn't had the time, but tonight I'm surprising him.

Like Ashley's reading my thoughts, she nudges my arm "We know you're more excited to see Ian than anything." She fans herself and I blush. It's true though. My excitement right now isn't about the freedom I'll have for three months, well it is. But only because I get to spend all my time with Ian.

We have been together for about two months now, I know it's not long but he is so sweet and handsome.

"Anyways..." Ash says to redirect me from my longing thoughts. "You know my brother is on his way here... right?" She says with a half-smile.

"Yeah! I'm excited to meet more of your family, your mom is the best!"

Ashley waves her hand into the air "Just don't get too excited, he's not the nicest person to be around." She says shyly.

"I can handle a mean brother, we are practically sisters so he has to be nice to me."

"I am his sister and he's not even nice to me." She says "Well, he's okay I guess." She fixes her previous statement.

"It will be fun," I say as I trail my thoughts on what to wear tonight. I know they'll be throwing a party at the frat house for the beginning of summer and I want to look my best, especially since I'll be surprising Ian and I know how much he hates surprises, so I need to make up for it by looking cute.

He thinks I'm going to my Moms to visit for the weekend but I wanted to make tonight special so I'm going to catch him off guard and show up.

We hop into my Altima and roll the windows down, enjoying the breeze that overtakes the car. I am excited about the freedom we will have away from classes and test.

Normally freshmen live in the dorms but when I met Ashley on my first day here, we instantly became best friends and after a few months of sharing bathrooms with our other classmates and us both having awful roommates in the dorms. We decided to find a house to rent off campus.

Luckily between the money I had saved from my years working at my mom's florist shop through high school and Ashley's current job at the nicest restaurant in Corvallis, we were set to rent our cute two bedroom home right down the street from fraternity row. That's where I met Ian.

Ian's different from the few guys I've dated. Super preppy and all about sports, but he has a kindness towards me that drew me to him. Plus, the fact that he hasn't complained too much about us not having sex yet is nice.