54

Aiden.

I was hoping this late that I would find an empty bar, I was wrong. Too many people fill the space, enjoying their vacations. The open tiki-style bar sits on the sand, with a small elevated deck for the bar stools to sit on. Luckily, there's a large canopy covering the entire area so the beating rain isn't falling on me. The bartender sets down a glass, giving me a knowing look. His accent is thick as he talks while pouring the whiskey I pointed to.

The ocean breeze is blowing through the bar, I breathe in the salty air as I try to calm myself down. Staring at the glass of whiskey in my hands, I admire the ice as it melts in the warm air. The rain continuously pattering outside draws me to a memory.

I'm standing in the foyer of my grandma's house, in a pair of spiderman pajamas. The rain falls in sheets outside the front door as I beg my mom not to leave.

"Please." My lip quivers, at eight years old I'm afraid of the storms, I don't want her to go. She shakes her head.

My mother smoothes out her dress and fixes her lipstick in the mirror by the door. "Where are you going, Mommy?" I ask her, she doesn't answer my question, she just ruffles my hair.

She smiles, "Stay with Grandma sweetie, I'll be back in the morning. I'll make you pancakes!" She promises.

"Just stay." I beg again, I can tell by her outfit and curled hair she's going to see my dad, but every time she does he is mean to her and makes her cry.

She leans down and plants a big kiss on my cheek, her hair smells like honey and her red lipstick leaves a stain behind as she exits the house. "I love you." Is the last thing she says to me, before leaving... forever.

I slip the bartender a stack of bills and tell him to keep the drinks coming, I down my glass of whiskey and pull a cigarette out of my pocket. I fumble while looking for a lighter but a flame in front of my face draws my attention.

I bring my face forward and light my cigarette on the small red hot flame. My eyes pan to the manicured nails that grip the hot pink lighter. I trail my eyes farther out and see a head of red hair, staring at me with glossy eyes. "Having a bad night?" The woman ask and I shake my head.

With a cock of her head, she brings her bottom lip between her teeth, "I can help, you know." she offers while grazing her fingers across the top of her breast. "My names Brandi."

She walks in between my legs and places her hands on my shirt, her fingers trail across my skin and I grab her wrist before she goes too far. "Don't touch me." I scowl at her but she isn't fazed. Drunk I guess.

I see a quick movement behind her, I peek over the red head's shoulder and see Emilia standing, staring at us with a blank expression. Fuck.

Her hair is wet and her dress is soaked. There are too many guys for her to be in here like that, her dress is tight against her skin from the rain.

Did she fucking walk here? My eyes pan to the parking lot and I see Harold sitting beside another rental car underneath an awning smoking a cigarette.

Looking forward I go to stand and shove the red head away. She fumbles but catches herself. Em shakes her head at me before looking around the bar. Her eyes land on a group of rowdy guys that are chugging beers. I laugh, knowing I must be drunk because she walks up to them. Ha ha ha.

She looks at me once more, hate behind her brown eyes as a sly smile takes over her features. I sit back down on the barstool, waiting.

She walks up to one of them, he's tall and his drunken eyes graze over her body. I refrain from smashing his head on the table for a few minutes. I clench my fist instead.

"Ouch!" The red head squeals and I look up at her, my hand entrapping her wrist, how did she even get back over here?

"Shut the fuck up." I move her out of my sight so I can see what the fuck Emilia thinks she's doing.

♠️

What are your favorite Alpha male possessive wolf type stories?