53

Aiden.

Laying on this outdoor bed brings me back to the rooftop at our apartment, when I took Emilia's innocence and claimed her as my own.

Even though the rain is falling in sheets the moon is strong and bright as it cast a shadow along our tangled bodies. Her eyes are somewhere else, she's just staring at the rain as it pours around us. We're protected under the patio as we lay on the bed, the rain creates a dramatic moment as I begin to run my fingers through her soft hair.

She looks up at me with those perfect innocent doe eyes. I can see the admiration she holds for me behind her brown irises that shimmer in the glow of the moon. She says they're boring, but I get lost in them daily. The thunder roars over head and she slides further into my open arms.

I can tell she wants to say something so I lift her chin higher so I can get a better look at that face.

She takes a quick anxious breath in, "I love you." She whispers and I pretend I didn't hear her over the raging storm. Fuck.

"Aiden, did you hear me?" She asks in a quiet voice and I feel her heart beating hard against my chest.

Please, Emilia. Please don't say it again. I silently plead with my eyes as I look down at her.

She takes a long deep breath, "I love you Aiden Scott." Her eyes hold her words and I have to look away from the intensity of her gaze.

When I don't respond she begins to sniffle, I need to talk to her... say something Aiden. Fucking something. She needs me, she needs me to hold her, but, how can I?

After a few moments I can feel her trying to hold back sobs beside me, she's so fragile right now I'm scared she will break if I touch her. The thunder roars and the air is thick, it envelops and traps me, closing me in.

Lightning burst through the sky, illuminating her broken expression.

I need to get the fuck out of here before I suffocate.

I jump out of the bed and throw clothes on, her wide eyes dart with my quick movements. As I pace between the patio and our room, gathering a few things in a haste. She's sitting on the bed, her delicate hands wiping the tears from her face. "I'm sorry Aiden I di-" I cut her off with a single hand. Not wanting to embarrass her further.

In a begging tone I say "Emilia, please just drop it okay?"

She contorts her face, a look of betrayal laced on her delicate features. "I didn't ask you to say it back. But, don't ask me to pretend that I don't love you." Her voice cracks at the end.

It's like she said it once and it's all she can say now, like the flood gates are open.

Fuck, I'm so fucked up. I can't be here anymore.

She deserves more than me, more than a man who doesn't know what to do when a girl so innocent and sweet says 'I love you' to him.

I hastily shake my head, grab my keys and exit the beach house from the back, passing her broken face on the way out. Rain pounds down on me as I climb in the rental car.

I've got to get the fuck out of here.

♠️

I'm even mad at myself for that cliffhanger *Insert evil laugh*

Read 'Guarded by Death' or I'll delete your Fortnite account.