64

♥️

After a much needed three days off to collect myself, well not completly off... I worked at home and actually got so much more done then I would at the office since Aiden likes to take at least three 'meetings with his assistant' a day. I'm not complaining though.

I walk into the office feeling refreshed, I was dreading meeting Thomas but now that I did and said my peace I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now, I can focus on healing those pieces I held on to so vigorously for so long.

While organzing a stack of papers I've been working on I look up and notice that everyone's left the office. Howard, as usual stands guard near the elevator. My desk phone rings.

Aidens husky voice warms my ears. "Emilia, come into my office a moment."

I happily walk in and smooth my skirt down so I look more professional. Aiden sits behind his desk, his arm casually draped off the back of his chair. His cuffs are undone, he looks casual yet powerful. With it being the end of a long day he's winding down, twirling a glass filled with whiskey in it. The ice clinks against the crystal, breaking me from my trance.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask with a smile.

"So ready to please." He sets down his glass and rakes a hand through his styled hair, making it an instant perfect mess. I try not to bite my lip.

I playfully roll my eyes. "What is it Aiden?" I ask while tapping my heel against the marble tile.

He shrugs, "My maid is sick. Find me a replacement." he looks out of the large windows in thought.

My heart sinks "I'm so sorry, how long does she have?" I ask with a sad voice.

His eyebrows raised at me, "What? She's not dying, Emilia. she can't make it into work for the rest of the week so I'm going to fire her. Hire me a replacement." He states, amusment on his face.

I scoff at him, "You're joking right? I won't do it."

He stands up and walks in front of me, his long fingers trail down my top. His hands graze the side of my breast and I try to keep my emotions in check "Emilia, do I need to remind you who is boss? That attitude of yours will get you nowhere here." He smirks.

I step away from him, "Let me clean. She can return next week." I say, with finality in my voice.

He crosses his arms, "I won't allow it." He states and I groan.

"Please, she doesn't deserve to lose her job." I bat my lashes.

He sighs, "Baby, You're mine. I own this company I won't allow it. Understand?" He says and I smack his arm.

"There's nothing wrong with honest work." I remind him.

He looks me up and down once, then his eyes glance out towards the empty office. "No. Just no way are you-"

I ignore him, giving him the best puppy dog eyes I can manage, "No one's here, let me clean I'll do it after hours." I smile.

"You can start with my office." A slight smirk appears on his features and I jump up and down before kissing his cheek. Thankful he didn't argue further. He walks over to the door and shuts it, then he returns to his desk.

I look back at him, "Where's the cleaning stuff?"

He gestures to a closet door and I open it, seeing a duster I grab it out and begin to make my rounds around the room. I am on my tiptoes cleaning a mantel in Aiden's office when he says with amusement, "You missed a spot."