57

Hi! I couldn't stay away. Here's another chapter :)

With AIDEN coming to a close soon - between 9 & 10 chapters left, I'll announce when I'm posting the last three - I wanted to clean everything up so I'll be changing author's notes, erasing my 'See y'all Friday's' from the ends of chapters. I'll still be telling you for now, of course!

♥️

The next night after a long flight and a subsequent drive we arrive at our new home. After dropping Ricky and Ashley off, I could breathe better. I didn't want to tell her just yet about everything going on. We all had such an amazing vacation and I didn't want to let anything ruin it.

I loved every ounce of Brazil but the looming threat of Thomas getting released has me on edge. He won't come for me, it's not that kind of fear. He's nothing more than a drunk who will have no life in or out of prison. But he deserves to stay in prison, how can he get out on good behavior after he murdered a decorated officer?

As the new elevator hits the top floor, I'm met with new surroundings that bring a sense of calm over me. The new penthouse is furnished with everything from the old apartment, holding an essence of familiarity in the large space. I admire the view from the floor to ceiling windows. I couldn't imagine he would find a penthouse with a better view than before, but I was wrong.

The kitchen is what takes my breath away. I run my fingers along the elegant marble countertops and open the double oven, admiring the space. His old kitchen was nothing like this, it was beautiful of course but the equipment here is something you would see in a New York steakhouse with the best bakery in the world attached. A pitch-black eight burner stove sits atop the white marble, contrasting perfectly.

On the countertops are brand new mixers and all kinds of equipment for various types of baking. Dainty red bows adorn the items and the tears flow from my face in sheets. Aiden wraps his arms around my neck."I wanted to make it perfect for you." He kisses my neck.

With a wide smile, I turn to him and throw my arms around his neck. Melting in his gesture, in his embrace, in everything he is.

After the house tour, he shows me our room. Modern and simplistic decor make the space look refreshing and clean. Aiden turns to me, "I'll send you and Howard to go shopping for some art pieces, or whatever you like." He slightly blushes and I have to remind myself he's never done this before, neither have I. But for him, he isn't used to showing a softer side of himself to anyone but me.

Clapping my hands together I say, "I love it. It doesn't need anything." I assure him.

A dimpled smile shines on his face, "I want your touch on it." He assures me and I smile. I guess this is it, we're officially moving in together. It's not like I haven't been living with him but this seems more stable like this is for us. I hadn't given much thought to looking for apartments with Ash. We mentioned it in passing, but she was content staying with Ricky. More than content, she was elated.

Lastly, Aiden leads me up a set of familiar steps. Similar to the old ones but a heavy metal door opening reveals an even more breathtaking view. We are so high up at the stars look close. "Look there." Aiden gestures to the corner and that's when I see a bed. The bed. Situated in a perfect position to look at the stars.

Tangled and full of passion that is where we sleep - Well, not much sleep. - on our first night in our new home.

***

The thought of my father's killer being released looms in the back of my mind as I get ready for work the next morning. I already set an appointment with the corrections facility for next week. I need to ignore that until it's right in front of me.

Arriving at work and clearing my head of the troubles stirring inside. I try to focus on the task at hand and the positives. We're safe, our new home is more than I could ever ask for, I just got back from a brilliant vacation and now I get to go work in a kitchen that is fully stocked to the brim with all new appliances. It reminds me of Aiden setting the kitchen up at home so well, just for me.

I walk in to see Avery turning on the ovens, getting them ready for a long day.

"Wow." I say as I admire the kitchen. Avery walks toward me, wiping his hands on a towel. "Wow is right." He says as he looks me over. "You got tan." He tells me with a smirk.

With a bright smile, I tell him, "My boyfriend took me to Brazil." I notice his face get serious.

"Boyfriend?" He half laughs as he walks over to me.

"Yes?" I gesture around the room, changing the subject. "I really love the new equipment!" Why would he laugh about me having a boyfriend?

His bright smile returns, "It's wonderful! They all work perfectly. I've been prepping the space to teach you how to make my favorite, eclairs."

I practically squeal hearing what I'll be learning. These lessons will give me a skill I'll utilize throughout my life.

Avery guides me to a table with fresh-made Eclairs set on a plate. His smile beaming, "First, we will taste some that I made this morning so you can get the flavor profile."

I bring the éclair to my lips and take a large bite, I see Avery watching me with satisfaction. "So good!" I say after I chew it up. The fresh made chocolate really changes the game, store bought just can't compare.

"Come, here's your station." He gestures to a steel top with all of the ingredients we will need on it. "Make the dough and kneed it, I'll go start on the chocolate. I know you already know how to melt it down." He smiles before making his way to the burners. I wash my hands vigorously and then begin to mix the flour and water.

As I roll the dough in my hands, I feel his body press against my back, I go to move but he pushes further in. "In France, we let the wrist do all the work and the hands are just helpers." He says quietly into my hair as he brings his hands into mine, he kneads the dough with me, and it begins to form better.

"Oh, so I just need a little more elbow grease," I say in an uncomfortable tone as I try to wiggle out, I like that he's a hands-on teacher, so I learn better. But he doesn't need to have his body against mine.

"You're so good at this." He says in a low voice as he leans further in, "A natural." His voice is breathy.

To my disgust, I feel something hard press into my back. I gasp and quickly turn. Both of his hands are on the counter as I face him, he's holding me in. Trapping me.