17

♥️

After a mess of hairspray and make up we walked out of the penthouse looking ready for a night out. I wore the royal blue dress I bought earlier, it's tighter and shorter than something I would normally wear but I bought it with the intention of wearing it for Aiden for when we go to dinner or something, I frown at the thought. Maxon, Aiden's driver was supposed to take us out tonight, but we opted out smoothly and I don't think he was aware we were up to something.

We hail a cab a few blocks down and the street and our first stop is to the restaurant, it's an Italian place and I can barely read the words on the menu. We laugh at how ridiculous it all is but when the food comes, and everything melts in our mouths we quickly decide this is our new favorite place. The ambiance is beautiful, warm light cascades over the thick white table cloths that are on every table. There aren't as many tables as I'm used to in a restaurant, this place is more inclusive and when we arrived, we were ushered into a very private spot. I would thank Aiden for the beautiful scenery and food, if I were ever going to speak to him again.

Who am I kidding? He's all I can think about. Every time someone passes in a black suit and I catch a glimpse from the corner of my eye my heart beats faster hoping it's him, but I'm mad at him. He used me; he was supposed to have another girl at his place last night. Was I really not that special to him? I chug the remainder of the wine, our fake ids weren't even necessary here but I'm thankful they didn't bother to card us. It makes me feel more grown, more like a woman. It gives me the confidence I need to go to this club tonight and flirt with every guy I see to take my mind off of Aiden. This isn't something I would normally do but I'm single, no one owns me... I can do whatever I want. It's not like Aiden would ever find out anyways.

We ask for the check, but the waiter tells us it will be put on Mr. Scott's tab and for us to enjoy the rest of our night. As we walk out, I look over at Ashley as she fixes her hair and smooths down her red dress.

"So where is this club?" I asks as I look down the dark street and put my hand out to hail a cab again. Ash reaches over and pulls my hand down as she leads us down the sidewalk.

"Just a few blocks over." She says with a smile. She claps as we make our way through the dark streets. I try to keep up with her long legs, how does she walk so quickly in heels? I am stumbling in the ones I wore; they make me so tall. They are black stilettos with a thin strap that wraps around my ankle.

As we arrive to the club a long line wraps out front, but Ashley pulls us up to the front door. "What are you doing?" I ask as I watch the line speed by at a dizzying pace as we rush past them. "Seeing if we can just go straight in." She winks as we walk up to a huge bouncer who looks at both of us up and down before a sleezy smirk spreads across his face.

"Welcome ladies." He says as he undoes a silk ribbon from a post, ushering us to go inside the club. As the doors open the muffled sound of music is replaced with thumping rhythm and lights and fog as it billows out of the steel door.

I need tonight, I need to forget what Aiden did. My chest hurts thinking about him and I know I need to drink all the thoughts away. I pull Ashley over to the bar; the bartender promptly greets us, and I look over ay Ashley. "I'm drinking tonight, order whatever will get me absolutely wasted." She gives me an odd look for a moment, but a wide smile plays on her face. She slides Aiden's black card across the black countertop as she says "Tequila, double shots. Keep them coming and open us a tab please." The bartender nods before walking off.

The first shot hits me hard but I'm thankful we ate earlier and had a nice walk to settle my stomach. My throat burns but after the second and I begin to feel the warmth spread to my stomach and it's soothing. "Calm down tiger." Ashley jokes as she slides a third shot out of my reach. I mock pout but that's when I notice a man watching Ashley from across the bar, he's in a suit and he's standing alone. His head is tilted to the side like he's curious.

"Don't look now but someone is eyeing you." I say as I reach for the shot, quickly downing it before Ash can stop me "Who?" She asks, thankfully not turning around because he is making his way too us. "He's walking over here. Act natural." I say too quickly as I fumble to quietly flag down the bartender. I need another drink. Now.

"Ashley Walters?" The man asks her, now that he's closer I can see his features better. He looks sweet, not covered in tattoos with a hint of scary but so sexy... why am I thinking of Aiden right now? I look back at this guy, He's tall but not as tall as Aiden. Why am I comparing this guy to Aiden? I need more alcohol...

"Oh my gosh! Ricky!!!" Ashley screams as she jumps in his arms, I now notice a small metal name tag on his suit. I guess he works here? Ashley pulls me closer to her. "Em, this is Ricky. He is Aiden's only friend." Seriously? Aiden, why is he freaking everywhere? They both laugh but I can tell from Aiden's usual attitude that he probably doesn't have many friends.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him and he gestures to the name plate. "I work here?" He says as more of a question, but I'm not sure why. "I didn't even know you lived here!" Ashley leans against him, the alcohol clearly taking effect. Quickly I notice him pull out his phone and after a while he shrugs before shoving it back in his pocket.

"Do you two ladies want a vip booth?" He asks and we look at each other before nodding our heads eagerly with a smile. We giggle as he takes us up some stairs and into a private room. There's a leather couch with a table placed in the middle. A silver bucket filled with ice decorates the middle and a champagne bottle sweats on top. "I'm not going to ask how you got in here, just be careful tonight okay? And if you need anything come fine me." He looks at Ashley intently and I notice her twirling her hair, her signature flirting technique.

Ricky makes his way to the table and corks the bottle for us before he walks out, sneaking glances at Ash a few times. She turns to me. "He is wayyyy cuter than I remember." She gushes. "It's probably the alcohol but I agree, he's cute." We laugh as we pour the bottle of champagne into the long-stemmed glasses that it was next to.

After half the bottle is gone, we stumble onto the dance floor, my vision is blurred but I find myself swaying to the rhythmic beats. Time moves so much faster than normal and before I know it I'm grinding against someone, strong arms grip my waist as we sway back and forth. I catch a glimpse at the guy behind me, he looks nice. Dirty blonde hair and blue eyes smile back at me as I continue getting lost in the rhythm.

I feel a loss of contact and before I can turn around the strong arms return but they're tighter around my waist, he slinks his arm around hugging me from behind, I look down to see a familiar rose tattoo. "What the fuck are you doing?" A familiar husky voice asks me.

♥️

Check out my book titled 'Reaper'