28

Aiden.

When you find the one, you know it.

I know it.

She knows it.

Fuck, everyone knows it.

And yet, she leaves me. I can't blame her though, I -quite literally- put her life in danger.

But I'll be damned if I let something as miniscule as the fear from the mafia separate us, me and Emma are bigger than that. We're destined for something greater.

I would let her live without me, if I was a better man... but I'm not, and she's mine. It's all very simple really, and I'll get her back.

I'll find her.

It won't be hard... Ashley tried keeping it from me, but after I asked her at least fifty times she broke. I found out Emma has been calling every few hours wondering if I'm okay.

She's too precious.

Besides, I know she's safe. I only bothered Ash because I wanted to know if Emma had called her and what she said. Em's had security detail on her since she left the hospital. Luckily, I had told Ricky my plans for the girls to have my best detail on them at all times before I got shot. I wanted them to follow her at every turn, and that's what they've done.

I was kind of upset about her leaving her stuff behind. I bought that suitcase for her, she doesn't know that I bought it for her but still, I enjoy her having nice things. Her phone was the worst though, they found it smashed on the side of the road. I hate having to check in with the security personnel to get an update on where she is, so frustrating.

But I don't think she got rid of her phone so I couldn't find her, I think she threw it out just in case the guys that took her had implanted a tracking device.

Clever girl.

The hospital wanted to hold me longer but fuck all that. I want my girl, she's the one that can heal me.

A bullet hurt less than her leaving.

But again, I can't blame her.

I just need to prove to her that I can protect her.

I'll let her breathe for a couple of days and then I'll come for her. I went ahead and threw my hoodie in the backseat of my car; I know she likes to sleep in it.

I also sent her a gift, to let her know I am thinking of her.

I hope she likes it.

♠️