56

♥️

I remember every detail of last night, the jealousy and anger-fueled sex in the back of the SUV plus the longing I feel for him always. I went to that bar hoping to find him and have a conversation but when I saw the girl near him I went wild. I headed for the first set of guys I could find to make him jealous, immature I know but I knew I wanted him as angry as I felt. I drank too much liquid courage.

It's our last day here but I don't care, I need him to talk to me. I'm still hurt.

I slap Aiden on the chest, he wakes up with a jolt. "What the fuck!" His eyes dart around the room and they land on me, with my arms crossed and a scowl on my face.

His dimples deep, he looks at me with sleepy eyes. "Good morning Angel." His velvet voice thick with sleep.

With the frenzy of emotions from last night behind me, as well as the drunken courage gone I'm just mad now. "Why was she in between your legs?" I yell. He places his arm on my leg, I scoot back.

He sits up, his shirtless body, messy hair and ink make me dizzy. I need to concentrate.

He takes my hands, "I thought we talked about this last night." he pinches the bridge of his nose.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, but I was drunk." I admit, not really remembering much besides being in control when we had sex.

"Emilia." His tone is pleading as he runs an inked hand down his face. "I shoved her away, I swear. You walked in and she just happened to walk between my legs. I promise you." His sad tone and glossy eyes make me reconsider my next words. I decide to trust him.

"You promise, Aiden? I couldn't handle if you cheated on me."

He smiles, his eyes blazing into me. "I would NEVER cheat on you."

I calm down, "So what happened?" I ask and he bows his head. "Coffee first?" I ask and he gets up and throws on a lone pair of gray sweatpants that sit dangerously low on his defined hips.

Out on the porch, he puts me in his lap; holding me tight.

He breathes the morning salt air into his lungs, "Emilia, I can't express how much you mean to me. Just hearing those words brought me back to a dark time." He lowers his head against my arm. I lift his chin up, looking into his eyes to give him strength.

He continues, "The night my mom... you know. That was the last thing she said to me. Then she was just... gone." His eyes gloss over and I wrap my arms around his neck. No more needs to be said but he continues, "I have never given a fuck about anyone. Except you, I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry I walked out on you like that... That was a move my dad would have made-" I cut him off with a solitary finger to his lips. He looks so broken, so vulnerable. It's a stark contrast to his usual serious demeanor.

"No. No Aiden. Don't apologize and don't ever compare yourself to him. I get it, don't worry. When you're ready you'll tell me, if not..." I try to think of something to take the pained look from his face, "If not, it's fine." I give him a reassuring smile but it doesn't quite reach my eyes.

His expression is serious, "I don't know if I'm capable of giving you what you deserve."

I grab his face in my hands, "You deserve every ounce of me." I assure him.

He smiles a cheesy grin before burying his face in my neck. He lifts up his eyes, pleading "Those words are tainted for me, they'll never be the same. I don't want you to think I don't care deeply about you. I do, so fucking much you couldn't even fathom."

His eyelashes are thick as he looks up at me, "You said those words," He closes his eyes, "And I... It's just you can't fucking go anywhere Emilia, you can't leave me. Ever. I'm weak for you, I'm crazy about you." He looks into my eyes, his emerald shimmering in the rising golden sun, "You're mine, Emilia."

I smile, realizing he's been telling me he loves me in the only way he knows how, "As you're mine, Aiden. Always." That is enough, of course, it is.

While I look into his eyes with pure admiration my phone rings and Aiden grabs it, checking the screen, It's my mom. I go to ignore it, but he answers before I can stop him.

"Hey, Miss.... I mean Pamela. Yes, she's right here." He hands me the phone, I roll my eyes. I told her I was going on vacation with just Ash. She wouldn't care, I'm an adult but I just don't want to have that conversation.

"Hey, Mom." I sigh, waiting for the third degree.

I hear her sniffle in the background and my body tenses. "What's wrong?" I ask and Aiden sits up a little straighter.

She cries into the phone, "He's getting released on good behavior." Her voice is hoarse, I can tell she's been crying for a while. I want to ask her who, but from her hysterics, I already know. The man who killed my father, Thomas Peters.

Tears slide down my cheeks and I lower my head, "When?" I ask, with grit.

"A month."

I hang up after talking for a few more minutes, I'm stunned. I turn towards Aiden to explain but he waves his hand in dismissal. "I heard it, the speaker was loud." He strokes my hair, "I'm sorry."

I straighten up, "When we get back, I want to visit him." I state with a confident nod of my head.

He goes rigid, "Absolutely fucking not. You're not going to a prison to visit a murderer." His tone is laced with finality, but I shake my head.

"He killed my father. He hasn't even been in jail for five years. Mom said it was good behavior. Fuck that. I didn't have the courage to do a victim impact statement at the trial and I've regretted it ever since. I couldn't even bear to sit through the trial." Tears lace my vision. "I need this, I need him to see I'm okay even though he took something so precious away from me. Before he's on the streets I need to tell him while he's still locked in there like an animal."

Aiden nods in agreement, stroking my hair. "Okay baby, whatever you need."

♥️