61

♥️

As I wake the next morning I look over to see Aiden with his eyes closed, he looks so peaceful when he sleeps. His thick eyelashes casting a shadow against his tan cheeks. His hard edges softened and his hair a beautiful disaster.

I don't want to wake him so I discreetly slip out of bed. He groans and pulls me to him with force. "Where do you think you're going?" He asks, his voice thick with sleep.

"Bathroom." I try to squeeze out of his grip but he holds tighter, planting kisses along my shoulders. "Aiden! I have to pee!" I playfully yell at him.

"Wait." He says, I turn to him. "Last night, when you said something about working for me. Were you just playing?"

I smile, "If you'll have me." I see his face light up. "I would rather work with you and save up money to go to culinary school then have to deal with anything like that ever again."

He rolls his eyes, "You know I'll just pay for your school, right?"

I nod, "Yes, but I would rather earn it. You know?" And just like that, I'm speaking his language. He nods in agreement before pulling me into a kiss and then releasing me so that I can use the bathroom.

Upon returning I catch sight of the clock, my eyes go wide. "You're late for work!" I begin to dart around the room and grab his things, I stop when I see his amused expression. "What?"

He shrugs, "You had a rough day yesterday, I took the day off."

With a nervous smile I ask,"You were just off for a week though, is that cool?"

He laughs, his dimples deep. "Of course it is, I'm the boss. I can work from anywhere. Now get back in this bed woman." He playfully growls. I run away, giggling and he chases me down. Hauling me back into bed with him.

That is where we spend the morning, and the afternoon, well into the night.

Earlier, around lunch, we ordered room service and Aiden told them to leave it with Howard. I hid under the covers, trying not to giggle as Howard walked in carrying a tray of food and exiting quickly afterward. We ate together on the bed, carefree and worry-free. We made love as if it was giving us our last breath as the sun rose and fell.

But around eight at night I started to crave something sweet, I headed into the kitchen to make Aiden's favorite. Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. While mixing the batter I feel his warm arms wrap around my waist. I'm wearing my robe since Howard is sitting in the living room keeping guard. Aiden kisses my bare shoulder and releases me for a moment.

I mix the batter vigorously as I watch him walking away. He wears only sweatpants. His tan and inked back give me spectacular view as he heads for the living room. He leans down and tells Howard something I can't hear. Howard swiftly exits into the hall as Aiden makes his way back to me.

I ignore it and continue the task at hand. Pouring the thick mixture into the liners. I place the cupcakes in the preheated oven and turn around.

Only to find Aiden with a handful of batter all over his left hand. I gasp when he lunges at me, pulling off my robe and placing a swift slap on my bare ass, covering me in the batter.

"No, you didn't!" I playfully scoff at him, then I turn to the batch of icing I'd already whipped and proceed to smother his perfectly sculpted chest in it.

"Now, you've done it." He growls, grabbing a bag of flour.

I retort, "You started it," In a childish manner. I giggle hysterically as the room fills with flour, like a snowstorm in August. Hearing his carefree laugh bellowing through the room makes my heart melt.

We end up on the floor, covered in batter and icing and flour. We make love as the cupcakes burn in the oven.

It is an absolutely perfect day.

♥️

See Y'all Wednesday!

Emilia's first day at work with Aiden ;)

Yes, I posted a short chapter. You don't have to tell me in the comments, I already know... lol. I was only going to post one chapter today but figured I would add this one in since it was small. We only have 5 chapters left after this, so enjoy it! ♥️♥️