15

♥️

My eyes open and I'm met with bright light, letting me know it's morning. The voice is still booming through the apartment. "Wake up bitch!!!!" Ashley. Oh no!

I scramble on the bed, my hands grasping for Aiden but he isn't there. I see a note placed on his pillow. "I'm gone until tomorrow, stay out of trouble." I roll my eyes at the short message and the door swings open. I watch as Ash marches in and stares at me, mouth open but I can't worry about that right now, Aiden will be gone... until tomorrow? and he didn't wake me up to say goodbye?

"Oh my God." Ashley places her hands over her mouth.

"Shut up," I say as I bury my face into the pillows. She hops on the bed next to me and starts throwing her head back in a fit of laughter. "I can't believe you're here... in his bed. he let you stay? What is happening to my brother!" She laughs again as she falls down beside me.

I look over at her and throw my hands up in innocence "Nothing happened." I lie. She shakes her head. "Truly, I really don't want to know." She gets up as she smiles at me as she walks over the window on the far side of the wall. she pulls the heavy curtains to reveal another beautiful view of the city skyline. She grabs my dress and tosses it to me.

"Take my brothers shirt off and get dressed, we're going out tonight and we need new clothes." She dangles a black credit card between her fingers.

"Out?" I ask, unsure if i want too i mean Aiden said to stay out of trouble.

"Yes, out now up!"

I stand up and gesture for her to leave the room. I have no bra or panties on and I really don't want her stuck with a vision of me and her brother that she won't be able to get out of her head. As she walks out i look to the dresser and see another note on top of a blue box. It reads "I had my shopper grab these for you, they're for my eyes only. By the way, I'm only a town over so if you need me, just text me. I'll be back before you wake up tomorrow, and again... stay out of trouble."

I open the box to reveal a matching set of what i would consider lingerie. I slip it on, knowing i have nothing else to go under my dress and am surprised when the lace is soft against my skin. I assumed it would be uncomfortable but I find myself tracing the places where Aiden's hands were the night before. I think about last night for a moment as I long for him to be back, sighing I slip my dress on and head to the kitchen to find Ashley surrounded by trays of food. Fruits and pancakes, bacon and eggs... it looks like a breakfast buffet.

Ashley picks up a piece of paper "I wanted to make sure you ate while I was gone." She says, in a deep voice, mocking Aiden. I laugh as I snatch the note away, why all the notes? Why didn't he just text me? It is a sweet sentiment though. I sit down and happily dig in to the delicious food as Ashley stares at me.

"What did you do to him?" She jokes and I shrug as I continue to eat, I am so hungry.

She sticks a piece of bacon in her mouth as she continues to stare at me. "Anyways, we are going out tonight. I've missed you!"

I throw my arms arond her neck. "I missed you too, how did it go?" I ask, wondering how her on and off again romance is panning out.

She flicks her wrist in the air. "Awful, I'm over him. That's why I need a girls night... Plus, we're in the city which means better clubs!" She slides over the fake id that I left at home.

I stare at it for a moment, would Aiden care if I went to a club? Without him? "I don't know Ash." I hesitate as I slide it back her way.

She stands quickly and grabs her purse. "I'm not taking no for an answer. You may be staying here and doing God knows what with my brother but you're still my best friend and I have the power." She jokes as she laughs and pulls me to my feet.

We glide through traffic easily and park in front of a glass front shop. I look over at Ashley, curious as to how either of us have the money to buy anything from a boutique like this. We bounce inside and both start looking around at all the beautiful clothing.

"Whos card?" I asks as I run my hands along the fabric of a navy blue dress. The price tags in this store are insane and I wish we could go somewhere else. She hesitates but puts a smile on. "It's Aiden's."

I shake my head. "You can use it but I'm not." I say.

"He said you would say that." She laughs. "I promise he gave me this card specifically for us to get something nice to wear tonight." She assures me and I relax a little. I don't want to spend his money but if he insist.... plus I'll wear it all the time.

"So he knows we're going to the club?" I say, a little disappointed he doesn't care if I go out partying without him.

"Not exactly..." She says and I roll my eyes waiting for her to elaborate.

"He may have specifically told me we weren't allowed to go "out-out" so I may have told him we were going to a really nice dinner. Which we are! He made the reservations but after that... we're going out! What he doesn't know won't hurt him." She shrugs and I'm already thinking of ways to cancel tonight, later after dinner I'll just tell her I'm sick. She continues. "I mean, he told me his driver is taking us to dinner but we will just get out of that." Her grin is mischevious and I already know I'mdefinitelyy talking her out of this.

After hours of shopping, we stuff our bags into her backseat and make our way back to the apartment. As soon as we walk into the lobby I see the guard from last night talking to a woman, her blonde hair is curled perfectly as it lays against her red dress. Her dress is short and more suited for a night out instead of an afternoon dress. She huffs as she walks away from him and makes her way to the door.

Ashley hands me her bags. "I can't wait until we get up to the room, I have to pee now!" She runs off looking around for a bathroom.

The woman walks by me in a hurry mumbling under her breath. "I'll just fucking call Aiden." She says and I instinctively grab her elbow, hard. Why would I do that?

"Aiden?" I say, feeling nervous as she stops and stands in front of me, she tilts her head to the side studying me. "You know Aiden?" She says, a fake white smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah," I answer, trying to figure out who this woman is and why she is looking for him. "Why do you want to talk to him?" I ask in a venomous tone, my cheeks burning as jealousy floods through me. This may be a business associate or something, I need to calm down.

She crosses her hands over her chest as she tilts her chin up at me. "He was supposed to have me over last night, but he never called." She pouts. "Be a doll and tell him to call me, my names Rebecca." She smiles as she turns on her heels and heads for the door. What the hell was that? Rebecca? She was supposed to stay the night with him! Anger boils deep inside of me.

Ashley comes back and as we step inside the elevator I try to hide my anger but I'm pissed. I straighten myself up and put on a smile as I look over at Ashley. Screw it, I'm going out tonight. He can't tell me what to do while he does whatever he wants! "What club are we going to?" I ask and see a mischevious grin spread across her face.

♥️