5

♥️

Ashley walks into the living room with a huge grin. "Em! That dress is amazing! You have to let me borrow it when I go out of town on Monday!" She begs as she feels the material between her manicured fingers.

I almost forgot she was visiting her on again off again boyfriend for two days, I wonder if Aiden will stay while she's gone.

"Thanks! And of course, you can take it with you." I assure her with a smile.

We quickly head out to Aiden's car, I guess he will be our driver for the next couple of weeks while he stays here. I slide into the front seat, again, without thinking about it. I look over at Aiden and take in how good he looks in such a simple outfit, dark jeans with a black t-shirt. His hair is messy on his head and it looks perfect on him.

"Ash, where are we going?" He asks, glancing back in the rearview.

"The Lounge." She says with a smile. "It's not far, just make a left turn out of the driveway and go about five miles, you can't miss it!" She squeals with excitement.

"You got the fakes?" I ask her. She hands me mine, it looks enough like me to pass. We have been going here for months but the last time we were there the new bartender turned us away, so we found a guy on campus who makes them so we would be sure to not get turned away again.

Aiden looks over at me. "Am I going to have to deal with both of you being smashed?" He says as he laughs but I sense a hint of sincerity in his joking words.

We arrive at the familiar club, flashing lights beam through the barely tinted windows. I can hear the faint music coming from inside. It takes a minute to find a spot to park because it's absolutely packed, we find a spot far away and park.

"Let's go!" Ashley exclaims as we hop out of the car. She starts walking quickly towards the club. I walk towards her and I feel Aiden gently tug me back towards him. He walks beside me and I match his movements, curious as to why he wanted to walk with me instead of letting me go ahead with Ashley.

He opens the door for me, Ashley slowed her pace and walked with us but as we reach the edge of the door she flies through them and into the club. I walk behind her slowly assessing the mass amount of people staring at us, or I should say at Aiden. Girls gawk at him as he walks through and I push myself a little tighter against his side, I look over and see a wide grin on his face. I'm not sure why I'm being so protective over girls staring at Ashley's brother I barely know him, but he is so intriguing.

Ashley turns around and grabs my hand yanking me away, I turn and shrug towards Aiden as we head for the bar. "Three shots, please." She says to the bartender. Aiden clears his throat behind us, "Ash, I'm driving. I'm good y'all have fun." He hands her a wad of cash that he just pulled from his dark jeans.

"I can pay for mine, thank you though," I say shyly as I turn my body toward him. He laughs as he brushes his hand against my arm. "Don't worry about it, I came out tonight and want you to both have fun." He says and shrugs his arm. Ashley mouths thank you to her brother and he nods. I guess this is a normal thing for him to do so I don't want to be rude. Besides the twenty dollars in my account doesn't really need to be spent on drinks. I had more saved but Ian needed some money and I idiotically gave it to him.

Ashley hands me a clear shot of what I'm guessing is vodka and I quickly gulp it down to forget about Ian and all the things I thought he was. My face scrunches at the taste, I will never get used to that uncomfortable burn that straight liquor gives.

"Two more!" Ashley excitedly says and we down another set of strong liquor.

"Slow down a little," Aiden whispers in my ear and his minty breath tingles against my skin. I nod, he's right, I am not the biggest drinker and I don't want to get sick tonight.