Secrets

A/N: Trigger warning - attempted suicide reference. I don't detail it and I don't condone it. As someone who walked that line once, a very long time ago, I can tell you there is help and the world is better because you are in it ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🖤 Don't give up ❤ We are here to support you 😘
~*~

Jungkook's Pov:
"So who's Princess?" Jin hyung asked with a smile the moment I came out of the locker room.

Biting my tongue, I tried to fight the blush staining my cheeks by scratching the back of my neck. Not that it worked. I could never hide from Jin-hyung. I shouldn't be ashamed though, it had happened to all of us at least once, but this was the first time I'd spoken aloud. Normally, only Taehyung did that.

"Uhh...."

"Because if it's Y/n-ssi...You. Can. Not. At all. Not ever. Understand?" Jin's voice was hard and stern, with no room for debate; but when I looked at him, his eyes were sad.

It didn't surprise me, but it still hurt. "H-hyung..."

"I've seen the way you look at her, Jungkookie-ah, but you can't do that to Yoongi." He placed a hand on my shoulder and waited until I looked at him before continuing, "Or do you hate him that much?"

Shocked, I shook my head. "I don't...I don't hate him. You're my brothers, I love you."

Jin nodded, relaxing a bit. "Good. Because losing her last time nearly killed him, and if he knew you had feelings for her...there's no telling what he would do."

Confused by his warning, I frowned. "What are you talking about? Yoongi-hyung would never hurt me."

Jin sat on the sofa I'd vacated earlier with a sigh, his wide shoulders curving downward. "No. He wouldn't hurt you. But I'm afraid he would hurt himself...especially if Y/n develops feelings for you, too."

My heart squeezed at the thought. What I wouldn't give for her to look at me the way she looked at my hyung, but that was a dream I never allowed myself to reach for.

"Why? Why would he do that?"

After a long pause he rubbed his hands over his knees and looked at me sadly. "Yoongi-ah tried to kill himself. Three months after Y/n left. It's why PD-nim removed the door to his studio - he wanted eyes on him at all times."

Horrified, I collapsed into the chair opposite him. No one had told me or the 95 line about this; and the fact that Suga-hyung had even considered...I thought he was past that....

Angrily, I wiped the tears from my eyes. "H..How...."

Jin shook his head. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that Hoseok-ah found him and got him to the hospital in time. That's why Hobi always keeps close to him, now. He feels guilty and he's afraid...afraid of what Yoongi will do if she leaves again."

Guilty?

He smiled wistfully. "Even though he
pretended otherwise...Yoongi-ah needs her. More than any of us realized."

My mind turned; a dozen different questions turning themselves into knots inside my stomach. I felt sick, a nagging question tumbling out of my mouth.

"Why...why would Hobi-hyung feel guilty?"

Jin looked away, his face draining of color. Now he looked sick. He took a deep breath before he said, "Hobi-ah...he suggested the Red Velvet idea to PD-nim. It wasn't SM; so he feels responsible."

Bile rose in the back of my throat and I had to force myself not to get sick. I shuddered. "Why would he do that? He knew Suga-hyung had proposed to Y/n! He knew what that would mean for their relationship."