•4•

"He'll be alright. I give him a sedative and cleans a few cuts. He needs a lot of rest. The healers said it wasn't something normal, like a stroke or heart attack or anything like that. they don't know what was going on."

"No. Thank you for your work, you can go." He nods and rushes downstairs. I head for the door but I'm stoped by a hand pushed on my shoulder.

"Did he see anything."

"What?"

"Did he see anything in the woods." My dad asks.

"I-I don't know." I look at my mom and she sighs.

"If anything happens you need to tell him. There's no way of hiding anything he saw." She says. "I mean this Hunter."

I nod and rush into the room. Looking at him lying there, I regret everything even more than before. I run a hand over my face and sigh. Tossing a blanket over him, I pace for a few minutes before leaving the room again.

I know I shouldn't be in there when he wakes up, he shouldn't even be here. Everyone's gonna be pissed about this. I don't think a humans been in this house for almost thirty years.

And besides, he wont want to see me when he wakes up right away. Not like he can avoid me now, I mean, he is in my house.

'Things will be different. You're the son of the alpha and he's your mate. They wont touch him.' Gray, trying to ease me, talks in the back of my head as I pass people who are coming inside again. All of them looking at me with curiosity.

I pull the sleeves of my shirt down over my hands, gripping the ends as I pass everyone. A bunch of girls hoping and wishing that I'm their mate say hi and good night and flirt on their way up.

I just flash a smile and continue walking. God I hate people sometimes. Little do they know...IM SUPOSE TO BE with a guy!

Some people who were outside try to ask me questions and anyone on the third floor has probably already caught onto Tristan's scent by now as well.

I grab some snacks from the kitchen and some of the older women here who are cleaning wish me luck and all that shit. Don't get me wrong, love these women to pieces, they were there when my parents weren't but it's every night.

So I just smile and wave as I walk out to the back and head to my truck. Going to park it and chill in the safety of it for the night.

I pray that I don't run into any of my friends on my way to the truck and hope that none of them has Tristan's scent. This would be a disaster for everyone if they did. Gray tries to talk me into going back to my room and keeping an eye on Tristan, but I argue that it would be creepy and I want him to like us.

Gray doesn't budge easily, even if I haven't talked to him in a long time, I know he is still an Alpha is trying to be dominant in this situation. But then again, he hasn't been here for years, so there is no reason I should let him win.

he tries to push out, trying to take control. Thank god I have gained more control over the past few years, otherwise gray would have everything he want in life.

I bend over and fight gray on this as the lights of the house start to go out. I stay with my truck as more and more lights go out. Watching over the house in silence. A few of the people on night watch pass by me, nodding to me as I close the door to my truck finally.

I watch the fourth floor and my parents lights go out. My little sisters room is dark, not surprising, she should have been in bed hours ago. I see a small light come from my room turn on, it shouldn't be on.