•9•

"What the hell Zach!" I stumble upwards on the bed and look around for a person, or Hunter.

"You can't just go around fucking people and You know that!" I turn my head to the door and hear more yelling.

"It's different with me and you know why. But have you ever thought maybe you've already met your mate and you don't know it yet! Imagine what your doing to them every damn time you sleep around with another girl."

"Calm Down Hunter your going to wake up the whole house." Someone tries to whisper. Who I'm guessing is this Zach. I watch the door as more yelling goes on.

"Now your concerned with me letting everyone know that YOUR SLEEPING AROUND CAUSE IT IS FUN! You have a lot to learn. What happens if you got someone who wasn't your mate pregnant! You both would be stuck with a baby who will never be happy because you two can't be happy because you took that away from the both of you. Just think about what your doing Zach."

"You know, you are such a dad."

"GO to bed." The door opens and closes softly in the dark. A lamp turns on and i close my eyes do to the light hitting my face. "Oh. Sorry."

"Yeah. you were a little loud." I mumble as I rub my eyes.

" sorry."

"It's fine. What time is it."

"Sometime around three."

"In the morning?"

"yeah? I mean you just kinda passed out through everything." Hunter says to me standing there.

"Everything?"

"Yep. I tried to wake you up but nothing worked."

"I guess I was just really out of it."

"Yeah.." Hunter turns to the closet to change and starts to take his shirt off and toss on a hoodie. "So what was that about? If you don't mind me asking."

"Um, I mean I think you heard the most of it. But my little cousin is in some trouble. He wont stop messing around."

"Is all of that true, the mate stuff?" I ask quickly.

"Yes. sadly. I mean, mates are for life, like, forever. So it hurts them in so many ways when you cheat or anything like that."

"How do mates work?"

"Aren't you tired?" Hunter looks at me, squinting his eyes with a small smile at me.

"No, I'm bored. And you woke me up so tell me." I beg at him as he walks back over and sits on the bed. I sit crisscross and wait for him to start talking. He sighs and flaps on the bed stretching out on it.

I mean, he woke me up because of it, so he can talk about it.

"Okay then. Well mates are a forever type of thing. So with werewolves, a wolf lives forever, literally. It's like a spirit. And they need humans to become real and transform and stuff. So the moon goddess, spiritual thing, basically has the role of choosing which wolf has which human, from werewolf descendants. So after a wolf is put with a human it like a permit companion for the human. And mates are like one soul ripped in two."

"Every wolf has the same mate and they always find each other. So when the human sleeps or cheats after meeting their mate somehow, it physically can hurt the person and it can damage the wolf. And if a wolf is fully broken they die, like really die. Both wolves dissaper and the humans attached to the humans die too. And then you have the emotional bond between mates. After they meet things happen to bring them closer together, including their wolves. So the bond gets so big when the wolves recognize each other that the people have a bond too. It connects them and it's kind of like a love at first sight thing."