43

-----------

Three years later
-----------

"God morning you two." Smiling as Lou and Dusty walk into the kitchen, I get cups out for them as they get closer to the counter.

"Morning Tristan!"

"Morning." Dusty grumbles as he rubs his eyes awake. Lou walks around the counter and give me a hug before taking an apple and sitting at the counter to eat. Dusty pours a cup of coffee for himself as I stand in the kitchen, pouring apple juice for myself.

"What's got you in a twist?"

"This one-" Dusty turns to Lou who just smiles, "-decided to wake me up this morning by blasting the litter mermaid soundtrack on my speakers."

"You love it."

"Yeah Dusty, you loooove it!" Lou mocks Dusty as she eats her food and I start to laugh and Dusty smiles at her.

"What ever." Me and Lou look at each other before laughing our butts off at Dusty. Hunter walks in the kitchen all sweaty from his morning run suddenly, even though it's been years we should just expect this.

Meeting every morning like this, it's a rueteen. Hunter and I wake up around five thirty and start getting food ready for breakfast, before anyone comes in the kitchen and starts cooking. Hunter goes in a run and while he's out Dusty and Lou wake up for their breakfast with me before Dusty takes Lou our for training seeing as she's finally shifted a few months ago.

She's technically still a pup but now that she is shifting she needs training to protect herself. She's still homeschooled so after training she's goes straight to the room we have set up so she can work and can get to Hunter and I if she needs help.

Then Hunter goes and showers and I start cooking with the cooks here for everyone else and we just play our days by ear then.

But it's our thing.

Hunter hugs me and ruffles Lou's hair before grabbing a water bottle and chugging it down. Dusty just rolls his clearly tired eyes at him as Lou munches on her apple. Sliding her a bowl of cereal, she thanks me and starts eating that too. It's hard to believe she's nine already and in fifth grade!

"Morning Babe."

"Morning." My head turns and I smile as Hunter leans on the counter next to me.

"Good morning everyone else." Lou just smiles and Dusty groans. "Maybe you shouldn't have gone out last night Dusty." Hunter mocks Dusty for going out to a club last night with some of the guys, the head ache is getting to him for sure.

"Well I did."

"How's that head ache working for you."

"Shut up you piece of chicken meat!" dusty yells but instantly regrets it making us laugh as he rubs his head and curses under his breath.

"I didn't feel good last night. But I feel better today...." Lou says after Dusty lays his head on the counter, just to pick it up again and look at her worried. "I was gonna go see Hunter and Tristan about it, but they were making A LOT of sound. So I just went back to bed."

My cheeks heat up as I look at Hunter who just smiles at me.

"What didn't feel good?" Dusty grabs Lou's face and looks at it before feeling her forehead.

"My tummy. I was really really warm too, but I felt better this morning. It was weird. I had headache when I woke up too, but it went away."

"Hmm? You sure you don't want to go see someone? You don't feel warm."