34

"What do you mean?"

"My dad killed someone at our house when he was drunk. I was younger, him and his friends were threatened and it just happened, they took the body somewhere and I don't remember anything after that. One of his friends stayed behind and knocked me out."

"Tristan, How dangerous is he really? If he killed someone before I highly doubt that he won't do do it again when he isn't able to get to you."

"I don't k-know. He's done so much and I can't remember half of it, let alone talk about without breaking down every time a word comes out of my mouth!" I hug my body as the words start to flow out of my mouth again, avoiding eye contact with Hunter as he sits on top of me, trapping myself from running anywhere.

"Hey, don't tell me then. don't think about it okay. It's okay for you not to talk about certain things Tristan, just know I am here. I'm always here."

My head nods as I close my eyes and fight tears again, I am so over crying.

Hunter places a soft kiss on my cheek before pulling his torso away from mine, rubbing his hands over mine as we sit once again in the silence.

"Hunter...would this be a good time? For them to talk?"

"I-yeah. I guess. We aren't going anywhere."

"Right."

"Do you want to Talk to Grey or just let them hash it out?"

"Let them at each other first. Maybe that'll cool them both." Hunter nods before getting off of me. Sitting next to me, holding my hand as he lets go.

So do I.

Quickly I am out into the head space and Philip is out, looking over at Grey who stares at the wall.

----------
Phillips POV
----------

Looking over at Grey as he stares at the wall, his hand slowly slips away from mine as his neck twitches.

"Grey."

"Is he actually sorry? Or does he still think that we are like him, that we are ducking Monsters?"

"Grey-"

"Because now that I've thought about it. He should think we are. At least he should think I am one. Because I am, aren't I?"

"You-"

"He should see me as a monster. I forced hunter away, I didn't do shit. And I make Tristan feel like shit. Last time I check that's what monsters do. Those guys out there may not have been working for his dad Phillip. They could have been looking for him because of his fur."

"Grey. You would ha-"

"No. What if I couldn't. What if I backed out, or got shot? What if I died and you and Tristan were sold off. What if you were gone? I would be a monster then too."

"This has nothing to do-"

"It does though. I couldn't protect him again his dad, against Hunter, how can I protect him now. How the hell can I protect you!"

"GREY! Stop. Stop interrupting me. Stop over thinking! Sit your ass down!" He listens to me this time, Sitting down as I stand up taking his place.

"You. Are not a monster. Tristan was not thinking. He was scared! He wasn't even that mad! It was fear! He doesn't think you are a monster! He regrets saying that so much!" He loves you Grey! I love you, he loves you, you and Hunter both. He doesn't see you as monsters!"