38

After one more week in the clinic and getting help from neighboring packs we, as a pack, are officially on our feet somewhat again. Tristan is out of the clinic and helping around even though I only let him for so long because he still should rest in my option.

He's showing more of his Lunar sides every day and it kinda makes me happy. He'll be a great Lunar, he cares about this pack so much already and is always helping someone when they nee it as of right now.

We do still spend a lot of time in the clinic with Lou though, she is still in pain but is doing so much better. She's only said a few words to Dusty like sleepy, hungry, no, and of course Dustys name.

her throat is pretty much all healed up even though it was just really scratched up from her crying and yelling, her hands are getting way better and her cuts are all healed up though they'll leave a mark for a long time.

The doctor has her and Dusty run through basic excersises to get her nerves caught up with her healing, which are pretty shot if I do say so. Just because her body on the outside is healing doesn't mean her nerves are. All the excersises are are picking up the small ball from the bed, standing up to get her legs use to the feeling again, to form fist with her hands and wiggle her toes. Its really her hands and feet that need work but she's already doing great.

She won't leave Dustys side and when he does leave her even for a minute she cries until he comes back, she only lets him hold her which really surprises me.

She'll come sit by me if Dusty is holding her and I talk to her, the other day I had to explain that mom and dad were gone and it was hard.

It was heart breaking.

As I told her why mom and dad weren't in the room with her and why I have to work now so much, I had to watch tears roll down her little face. She's only five, only five and she's lost her parents. She only nodded along and cried as I held her hand and told her that mom and dad loved her, that they were in heaven watching over us, that they loved her to the very last moment and will always love her, how mom and dad were protecting her and how they want her to know that they love her.

She crawled into my lap that night and cried, her little bandaged hands holding onto me as she cried into my chest, sobbing all night long. She only passed out when Tristan came back with some water that had a sedative in it, other wise she would be up all night which is not what we need.

That night she slept the little hospital bed with me and Tristan holding her, both of us crying harshly, finally mourning the loss of my parents fully. We decided to wait on their funeral until Lou could be released from the clinic so she could go and see them before we bury them.

Tonight we are sitting in the clinic room as Lou shows the doctor, who is secretly testing her movements, how she can move the ball and slightly take steps with Dustys help. The doctor smiles and she takes a step slowly while Holding Dustys hand. it's like when she was one and took her first step, only this time someone caught her.

She grips Dustys hand as they walk to me and Tristan slowly, taking their time as she smiles for the first time in a whole week. once she reaches Tristan, he picks her up and set her in his lap and bops her nose making her laugh.

"You are doing so good Lou!"

"We are all so proud of you!"

We all look over to the doctor who smiles and motions for all of us to come around to the bed, setting Lou back down on it Tristan moves to my side and kisses my cheek before grabbing my hand. Dusty sits next to Lou as the doctor talks to her and me.

"Alright Lou, we have to check these band-aids one more time. I just have to make sure our magic cream is working and helping you." She nods as Dusty undoes her hospital gown and slips it off of her leaving her in her little princess undies, which she is very proud of. the doctor undoes the bandages on her chest and sides first to real scars only left. He nods and looks back at her smiling.