19

please leave if you can not handle the facts or mentions of self harm

----------------------

"Hunter." I whisper out as Hunter backs away with a terrified look on his face. I can only look at the ground in utter disbelieve as the images of a few seconds run through my head. I hear Hunter shuffle backwards until he hits the wall.

He's just as shocked as me, his mouth hanging open and fear clouds is eyes as we look at each other. His chin quivers a small bit and his arms are hidden in his chest as he stares at me. He is terrified of what I just saw.

"Hunter?" I say in another whisper as tears fill his eyes and he looks at his arms before hiding them. "Hunter. Say something." I say taking a small step of bravery, taking a step to him and raising my voice a tad bit. his head shakes and sinks into the floor as he stares at his arms.

"There's nothing to say."

"The hell with that." Hunter looks up scared and I try to contain myself as fear takes over the both of us. "Hunter. tell me what is on your arms. Please?" I say taking another step to him.

"I didn't want you to know." He whispers and closes his eyes.

"Yeah, well I do." I say loud enough, but not enough to wake anyone. "Hunter talk to me. Why the hell are there scars all over your arms!" I say getting close to him and sitting across from him of the floor.

"I-I can't. I can't. I can't." He pleads as tears fall and he stares at his arms. This is breaking me to see him like this, in the state of vulnerability and fear. He really was hiding this from me?

How the hell did he hide it for this long, especially from me? I've been with him 24/7 these past two weeks. I sit there not knowing what to do in this situation, I've never dealt with anything like this with other people. he shrinks into his own world as we sit there for a bit.

Both of us thinking. He was there for me earlier and now I need to be there for him, but I don't know how.

"Hunter. It's me, you can tell me. You can tell me anything." I say as I reach out for him. He shrinks further away and I go sad as he does so.

"Hunter, please. We should talk about this, we can take all the time in the world, but we need to talk about this." I say reassuringly as he curls his head into his knees and goes back into his own world.

I get sad and angry to see him like this. I don't like it, seeing him like this. It upsets me to see him sad and scared, I get brave and get closer to his and I force my way onto his lap and straddle him as tears continue to slip down his face.

I bring my hands to his cheeks and wipe my thumbs across his cheeks. His eyes open and fear clouds every part of his beautiful blue eyes. My heart breaks as he looks at me with fear. Why was he so scared to tell me this?

"Hunter. Just say something for me. Please, I'm here for you."

"I can't."

"You can. Hunter, please."

"I can't."

"what can't you do?"