•11•

Hunter pulls me closer to him as our lips are connected. we both pull away from it all and look straight ahead. "Like I said. You wouldn't understand." He says hurt.

"Hunter...what are you not telling me."

Hunter just stares as he thinks about what he just did. That's the second time I've kissed him in 24 hours.

"Hunter. Answer me!" I don't like that I am here, with him insisting that I stay with him clearly keeping something from me, that could easily affect me.

"You're my mate! Okay. That's what I was hiding from you! I don't know at this point... I don't know what to do about anything. Thats why I want you to stay, and that's why I told you about all of this." He says freaking out.

"How is that-"

"Possible? I don't know. I just...All I know is your my mate and life has been shit for me the past four years until this week, until these past few days that you have been here. And I don't want you to leave." He says looking down.

"I have to Hunter. I don't want to risk anyone. My dad is dangerous when he wants something. This isn't just an abuse thing. I know him and he'll hurt people for me, I don't know why."

"I know. But we all fend for ourselves and each other. Everyone would protect you Tristan."

"No. I'm not staying. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Fine.It's your call, I'm not going to force you to stay." He gets up and walks away Hurt, leaving me up on the roof. Running a hand through my hair I sigh and close my eyes.

Thinking. About. Everything.

How am I Hunters mate? I...I can't be someone's mate. I...I feel terrible.

Is that why he bullied me everyday? Because he was just confused over the mate thing? Because he was matted to a gay kid? To a human, that probably isn't normal for his world.

And now he doesn't know how to handle anything. This shouldn't be happening. I need to leave. I should not be in this world. I should not even know of any of this, it's just not right, for me.

Getting up I get a sudden head rush and fall back down. A pain rushes through my back and my arms stiffen up. I try to get out breaths but nothing really works, everything hurts.

The woods. This is just like the woods.

I try to scream but nothing comes out. I see a wolf pass through the fields in front of the house and recognize it, it think it's Hunter. His thick black coat of fur runs into the woods.

Trying to cry for help as everything tenses up and hurts. But nothing comes out again. I guess this is what I deserve right? For hurting Hunter? My body stings and burns as I feel like everything in me is breaking.

---------------

Everything takes too long. Passing out soon after the pain started I've been in and out in conciseness. It's getting dark and I can't move my body. Everything hurts too much. "Tristan?" A voice comes up from somewhere and is quiet so I can barley make it out.

"Tristan are you still up here?" Hunter? I can't say anything. I try to make a noise but all I can do is just lay there as my eyes give out on me. "Tristan? Why are you Still-"

Hunter's voice stops and I feel is hands on my back. "Tristan wake up. Please just say something. Tristan." Right after that I'm picked up in his arms again and carried inside. "Dammit Tristan." Hunter curses under his breath as he walks. He whispers things to me and rubs my back with one hand as he walks.