67. NOCHU

"Splish splash, motherfucker!" you yelled as you playfully slapped a whole buttload of water towards your best friend Jungkook. 

You were currently hanging out at the public pool, a place that you and your long time bestie frequented often. The two of you had been best friends since diapers, your parents having known each other even longer. There wasn't a summer day that you could remember where the two of you weren't together, chilling at the pool or staying up late playing Overwatch. 

Yes, the two of you were thick as thieves.

There was only one problem...

Recently Jungkook had stolen your heart.

Yup. Major gulp.

You weren't sure when the feelings started, to be honest. You had always just seen him as a friend. But then puberty came knocking on both of your doors, hormones nipping and biting at your heart, and then BOOM! Suddenly you didn't see Jungkook as just your best friend anymore. He had outgrown his awkward bunny stage and had now entered snatched rabbit territory. You were a goner, but obviously, you couldn't let him know that.

His friendship was the most important thing in the world to you. Just because you kind of wanted to lick every square inch of him now didn't mean that things had to change, did it?

Anyway, back to the pool...

"I'm going to kill you for that, Y/N," he screamed. His voice sounded squished and squandered from all the water you had sent flying up his nose.

"Only if you can catch me, bitch!" you said before jumping out of the water and running away like a chicken with its head cut off.

In one fluid motion, Jungkook heaved himself out of the pool and took off after you. Finally, he had you cornered. You were at a dead end and one of your acquaintances, Yoongi, stood there, helping to block your path. You gave Yoongi the evil eye but he only smiled and watched how it would play out.

You see, Yoongi knew something you didn't know. Something that Jungkook had confided only in him. Something that would send your wig flying all the way to Pluto if you ever found out.

"Get out of my way, Kookie," you threatened, trying to sound mean. 

"No," he said. "You can only get past me if you pick the correct hand."

You gave him a bitter look. One hand on your hip, sassy as shit, you said, "Puh-lease, what are we three years old?"

"No," he answered. "If we were you'd still be wetting the bed."

Your cheeks flushed in embarrassment and anger at him having given away your secret right in front of Yoongi. You were mad now, bitch.

"Okay, fine," you seethed. "I'll pick a hand. But then you are going to have to pick which one of my fists are going to be beating you up later."

"Deal," he said with a smile. "Now choose."

Smiling despite yourself, you pointed reluctantly to his left hand, not having any idea what he was possibly hiding in it.

When it was time to reveal what was in the hand you picked, Jungkook pulled his left arm out from behind his back and shot you a finger heart with his hand. 

Could this mean that he had feelings for you too... or was he just being an asshat? 

 or was he just being an asshat? 

What would you do?