100. Hoseokie

There are two very important people in your life: 

1. Your best friend

and

2. Your crush

Unfortunately for you, they just so happen to be the same person.

Yeah, you found yourself in that old cliche romance trope. (Honestly, my favorite one. UwU)

Problem is though, Hoseok isn't just any old best friend. He's been your tried and true since the two of you were in diapers. Your moms used to bathe you together, all nakie and everything. You've seen his winkie, for crying out loud. You so didn't want to make things awkward between you two if he didn't feel the same way.

But still... for the last few years, you couldn't help but notice the shift you felt inside of yourself every time you looked at him. It was like he was somehow making your heart flip in your chest every time he smiled. When his dimples sunk in his cheeks, you felt your heart sink into your stomach.

And not even that. His hugs have grown longer, warmer and started giving you more and more tummy butterflies as the years went on. It was normal for the two of you to hold hands sometimes, but in the last year or so, Hoseok has taken it one step further, intertwining his fingers with yours and giving you butterflies in your heart as well.

I don't want to sadden you, but it really didn't seem like the two of you would ever make the leap from besties to boyfie and girlfie. You see, you've actually kind of told him how you felt before. Maybe you were a bit too subtle, but still, you'd put plenty of hints out there. Calling him cute, telling him he smelled good, how much he meant to you, how you'd be lost without him. But every time you brought up anything even remotely close to the idea of dating, Hoseok would blush and make a joke of it. 

At first you thought, well, that's just Hoseok. And it was. Everyone who knew him knew that he was always being silly, more often than not. But whenever you spoke of more, you couldn't seem to get him to take you seriously.

You just tried again actually. You and Hoseok were hanging out, as were the now usual butterflies in your tummy every time he was around.

"You're so cute, Hoseok," you told him, not a hint of humor or teasing on your tongue. "I really like you."

But this is what he did:

He made a joke of it, saying, "Ooh, me?" then started laughing it off, leaving your heart to shatter in your chest

He made a joke of it, saying, "Ooh, me?" then started laughing it off, leaving your heart to shatter in your chest. It was like he was determined to keep you from thinking you had a chance as his girlfriend. Or maybe... he was just nervous...

What would you do?