115. Jimean

You've been best friends with Taehyung for the better part of two years now. The two of you hit it off instantly and famously. Everything always felt so natural between you and him; you knew you could always be your truest, weirdest self with him, and he felt the same way around you. 

But as most of us are aware, all good things must come to an end at some point. Nothing stays the same forever. We gon' change.

It all started to change for you and Taehyung when a little man named Jimin came into the picture. He was friendly with you, but never close, not like how he was with your best friend, your boy, Taehyung. It seem like he came into your life just to take your best friend from you, and worst of all, it seemed like Taehyung was letting it happen.

Taehyung and Jimin grew close quickly, the same way that you and him had done two years before. Suddenly, you were a third wheel. So as a means of self preservation, you started to distance yourself from Taehyung of course, though you missed him dearly.

It had been about two months of this new, uneven routine with you on the outside of your friendship looking in as life sped on all around you when you decided on a whim (after having cried yourself out over things) to try and fight for your friendship again. Who was this Jimin bitch to just come in and take what was yours? 

So you went off in search of Taehyung, and heard him before you found him. His deep voice was unmistakable. You followed it, and it led you to the following scene.

Still hidden in the shadows, you could see and hear Jimin berating Taehyung, calling him all kinds of names, and at one point, even raising a hand to him, as if he were about to strike Taehyung across the face. Taehyung only flinched, but said nothing. You had no idea what this fight was about obviously, since you hadn't spoken to your friend in quite a few weeks, but still... you couldn't just stand there and watch Taehyung shrivel up as he took the abuse. So you decided to step in.

"Yo, Jimin," you said, finally toeing past the edge of the shadow and revealing your presence. "Were you just about to hit my best friend?" Venom coated your words, making them slick and noxious. 

Taehyung's head turned to you at the same time as Jimin's. His expression was unreadable, blank. 

But Jimin's was easy to read. His face still held catty anger, yet he also appeared highly dismissive of you, as if you didn't matter and you hadn't said a word.

"Butt out, you whore," Jimin said to you.

What would you do?