107. Romeo and Namjooliet

This is a request from one of my funniest commenters, cloudvity

Thank you for the idear and all the laughs.

Wouldn't it be great to be rich?

Well in this scenario, you are. Only, turns out, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, you had all the best clothes, a new iPhone every year and you never had to worry about where your next meal was coming from since your live-in personal chef was always there to give it to you. But there was one thing that money couldn't buy: 

Love.

You had been seeing a boy in secret for a while now. His name was Kim Namjoon. He was very funny, very smart, and overall just a very interesting person to know. You also happened to be very in love with him.

So much so that one day you decided to bring him home to meet your family. 

It started out alright, I guess, although your father definitely didn't think much of the way Namjoon dressed (in hand-me-down streetwear since he couldn't afford brand names); nor did he find it well-mannered of your boyfriend to shove his lollipop in his mouth and wipe his sticky fingers on the side of his dark green jacket before shaking your father's hand. But Namjoon was smart, like I said, and he knew how to carry himself well. He knew how to be respectful.

It started to go downhill at dinner. Sure, Namjoon could hold a conversation with your father like any of the well bred boys he had tried to set you up with down through the years, but as it turns out, he certainly didn't know how to properly hold a dinner fork, or tell the difference between that and the salad fork. And don't even get me started on his spoon situation; it was even worse. It soon became apparent to your father that his shabby way of dressing wasn't just a phase. Namjoon was poor.

As soon as your father figured this out, his whole attitude towards Namjoon changed. Suddenly he turned up his nose at your boyfriend as if he reeked of sourness, though you knew Namjoon always carried the feint scent of wood and nature on his skin since he spent so much time outdoors. Eventually, your father clammed up tight, tugging uncomfortably at his collar. You hated the way he eyed up the golden statue on the sideboard table, as if he were afraid the second he took his eyes off of it Namjoon would knick it in his pocket and sell it at the nearest pawn shop.

"Daddy," you said, the pleading in your voice registering loud and clear.

Your father set down his salad fork with a final clink. He cleared his throat and folded his hands primly atop the table in front of him where he sat so poised. "No," he said, eyeing up Namjoon's slouchy posture with contempt and turning to you, dark eyes glinting like daggers. "I'm sorry, Y/N. But I won't have you seeing trailer trash. He needs to leave. Now."

Tears instantly sprang to your eyes. "No, daddy," you said, grabbing tight hold of Namjoon's hand under the table. "Please! I love him!"

"Love?" Your father's stiff laughter felt like a crack across your face. "What do you know about love? Love is an illusion. The only thing that matters is getting the best out of life. And this... hoodlum, is anything but."

Namjoon stayed seated. You could tell by the way he churned his jaw that he was getting heated. All the while you were too stunned to do much more than hold onto Namjoon's hand like without it you would float up to the moon and never return.

"He leaves now or I call the police."

"Daddy!"

Instead of hearing you out, he simply pulled out his phone and began dialing. He held the phone to his ear. "Yes, I would like for you to send someone over here at once. There's an unwanted visitor in my home and he refuses to leave."

"Fucking bullshit!" Namjoon raged, standing abruptly. Since your hand was still in his, you found yourself tugged out of your chair and you fell to the floor with a hard slap.

"No!" Namjoon's boiled temper immediately froze over in fear. "Baby, are you okay? I - I'm so sorry!"

Your father of course reported this too to the police and after he hung up, he yanked Namjoon away from you by his collar and showed him to the door. You raced after them, not giving a shit about the way your knees still smarted from the fall. Fear of losing Namjoon clouded over all of your judgement. Especially when the cops showed up and tackled your boyfriend to the side of their police cruiser.

Beside you, your father stood there, more smug on his mug than man at this point. You turned your eyes back to Namjoon's and took a hit to your heart as he smiled at you, as if to say everything was going to be okay, when clearly it was not.

 You turned your eyes back to Namjoon's and took a hit to your heart as he smiled at you, as if to say everything was going to be okay, when clearly it was not

What would you do?

A/N: rofl sorry this turned into like a full freaking chapter of a book. idk what came over me.