chapter 2

2. Fallen Beast Edgar

Shu Shu was standing on a branch, constantly plucking the fruits of the tree.

After peeling the thorny outer shell of the fruit, as soon as the ping-pong ball-sized chestnut was on his hand, Shu Shu stuffed it into his mouth, then another one, then another one again.... His mouth was like a bottomless pit, he could cram in ten chestnuts in the blink of an eye.

This was Shu Shu's natural skill.

Hamsters had food pouch on their cheeks. When he had just been an ordinary hamster, he had been able to put a lot of food in it. Later, he began to cultivate and he could put more and more things in. You couldn't see it from outside, and he also didn't feel the weight.

By now, he could already put hundreds of catties of food in his food pouches!

Shu Shu kept stuffing his mouth with chestnuts. Although he couldn't use magical power now, but his natural skill was still there, and he depended on it. He finally collected enough food.

There were many more chestnuts ahead! Eyes bright, Shu Shu slowly crawled forwards onto a small branch, picking chestnuts and carrying on with stuffing his mouth... stuffing and stuffing. Suddenly, he felt something was wrong.

A small, dark green snake as thick as a finger was wound around the branch in front of Shu Shu. The snake was staring at Shu Shu coldly, then it extend its body forward and forward.

"Ah ah ah ah ah!" Shu Shuke couldn't stop himself from screaming the place down. His shrieks made all the little animals in this part of forest to suddenly disperse and flee in chaos.

Shu Shu jumped from one tree to another. He was just like those little animals, fleeing in haste back to his cave. Unexpectedly, at this moment, the underbrush beside him was swaying and shaking, and then, a snake head that must have been bigger than his own head came out of the underbrush.

This was the biggest snake he had ever seen in his life!

In this world, there's actually such a huge snake!

How scary, ah ah ah ah!

Seeing the huge snake, Shu Shu screamed again, but the sound didn't come out. His eyes rolled back and he fell face first onto the ground, motionless and stiff.

Edgar quickly moved his body toward Shu Shu's face and examined Shu Shu anxiously. After he'd unexpectedly discovered that a little sub-beastman was living in this area, he drove out the more dangerous animals in this area. He wouldn't let this little sub-beastman get hurt; what's wrong with him?

The little sub-beastman was stiff all over and he's not breathing. Was he... dead?

Edgar's huge snake body trembled. The whole man... no, the whole snake was chilled.

After his beast core had been shattered, he had not been able to turn into human form anymore, and he had become a fallen beast rejected by people. Afterwards, he had accidentally found this little sub-beastman, and in any case, he now had a reason to keep on living. He wanted to protect this little sub-beastman until others found this little guy, but now this little guy died in front of him....

Edgar's body trembled, only to feel the energy in his body that had become chaotic because of the nonexistent beast core constraint got even more chaotic. He hasn't completely recovered from his injury, and the wound still ached dully. He gradually loosened up and calmed down, then he used his body to envelop the little sub beast.

He stuck his tongue out to feel the atmosphere around him and the condition of the sub-beastman.

There was no danger at all in the vicinity. Although there were some living animals, but they all weren't deadly. For example, the small green snake above his head was a non-venomous snake, and it's one of the favorite food of sub-beastmen.