chapter 60

60. The Crown Princess is Coming

Hearing Jones' words, Shu Shu promptly moved closer to look at the device. The device showed the situation inside his body clearly, and there was simply no trace of said tumor.

Shu Shu suddenly remembered that when he used the medical treatment device to examine himself before, he seemed to not come up with anything as well . . . . What exactly was going on? Why the heck couldn't the device see the tumor? It was obviously there . . . .

"What is this tumor you spoke of?" Jones asked.

Shu Shu immediately explained the circumstances of this tumor, putting emphasis to mention the fact that this tumor had grown bigger after absorbing his spiritual power.

"Could this have something to do with your cultivation method?" Jones asked.

"I also don't know." Shu Shu was a little depressed. He opened his mouth to say that this was something that happened after he ate Edgar's beast bead, but now he was actually not sure whether this thing was really related to the beast bead or not.

After the beast bead in his mouth disappeared, it took a while for this thing to appear . . . . The red bead in his body, which would help him cultivate, had no reaction at all to this tumor. Furthermore, this thing could absorb spiritual power . . . . Maybe this tumor really had nothing to do with the beast bead, and it was purely him having a problem with his cultivation?

The beast bead was red, but this tumor was gray-colored from the start and really didn't resemble Edgar's beast bead one bit.

Maybe it was what he had originally thought of; he just added one more dāntián, that's all. But if it was a second dāntián, it didn't make sense that this thing could only absorb spiritual power and could not release spiritual power, right?

"Since you can feel it with the spiritual power, then you continue to observe its condition, and I'll also pay attention to your physical condition." Jones finally said.

Shu Shu nodded. With how the matter was so far, they could only do this much.

After Edgar returned in the evening, he asked about what Shu Shu and Jones had learned. Shu Shu did not hide anything at all about this matter, and he also talked about the tumor since he now firmly believed that the tumor had nothing to do with Edgar's beast bead.

"Not long after I cultivated into a human, a tumor appeared inside my body. This tumor will absorb my spiritual power and has grown bigger in the past few days. I don't know what the heck is going on." Shu Shu looked at Edgar with a gloomy face.

"Have you checked it? Do you know what exactly it is?" Edgar anxiously asked.

"It didn't appear on the examination." Shu Shu said. "I checked with the examination device, but I simply couldn't find the tumor in my body."

Frowning, Edgar suddenly thought of one thing. "Shu Shu, do you still remember the situation when I captured those pirates? At that time, my body was covered with the spiritual power, and the various detectors on the pirate ship were unable to find my existence. It should be the same case with this tumor."

After Edgar said so, Shu Shu also remembered this matter and nodded right away. "There's indeed such a thing . . . . Then this tumor didn't appear on the examination because it's protected by the spiritual power?"

"That's right. It should be like this. Also, I think it shouldn't be a tumor. Maybe it's an energy crystal the same as the beast core." Edgar said.

It did not hurt at all when the tumor grew inside his body, so Shu Shu was able to completely forget its existence. But now that it had become bigger . . . Shu Shu was somewhat worried. Hearing Edgar's words, he immediately said, "You help me check it then?" Edgar was a mythical animal and had more spiritual power than him, so he should be able to find out what exactly was going on, right?

Shu Shu thought of this and began to teach Edgar at once, letting Edgar use the spiritual power to check the situation inside his body.

Edgar used his spiritual power to look into Shu Shu's body according to Shu Shu's instruction and really found a tumor in Shu Shu's abdomen. The tumor had the size of an egg, and when his spiritual power came across it, some of the power was absorbed by it straightway.

How could such a thing grow inside Shu Shu's body? Was there a problem with Shu Shu? Edgar was quite worried, but strangely, although it was a tumor, he actually felt that the tumor was very warm and friendly.

"Would you like to have an operation to take it out?" Edgar asked after he was done checking. So far, this tumor had not harmed Shu Shu, but in any case, it could not be allowed to keep growing inside Shu Shu.

"No need!" Hearing a suggestion of having an operation, Shu Shu immediately refused. "Let's put off this discussion until later. I'll observe the tumor first. I totally haven't had any different feelings since it grew. It shouldn't be a bad thing." He didn't want to be disemboweled, so he had better keep the tumor first . . . .

Shu Shu's body was different from the average beastman and sub-beastman. Edgar did not even dare to let Jones know about this. Naturally, he also didn't wish for Shu Shu to have an operation, so he immediately agreed with Shu Shu's decision.

However, after several days of their planned observation, the tumor was unexpectedly getting bigger every day, and it grew very fast.

When Shu Shu had Edgar help him with the examination, it was only the size of an egg. After a week, it was actually the size of a fist! As big as Edgar's fist to be exact, so Shu Shu's belly bulged a little.