chapter 47

47. The Crown Prince is Defective

Edgar turned his head, saw Ian's odd expression, and felt helpless for a moment.
It seemed that the way he and Shu Shu looked was a little inappropriate?

"I'll wait for you outside." Ian said, drawing back and out of the room at lightning speed. After he got outside, he promptly slapped his right hand with his left hand.

Who let you to not knock on the door! And now you saw what you shouldn't see!

Anyway, there was finally someone who wanted his son . . . .

Ian felt that his decision to not come over and disturb his son during the past few days was simply the most correct. As it happened, the relationship between the sub-beastman and his son was progressing rapidly.

Shu Shu was not aware of Ian's way of thinking. He wasn't even aware that his and Edgar's postures were very questionable. In fact, if it were not for knowing that all humans had to wear clothes, he would've already run around naked inside the house with constant temperature!

"The empress is coming, ah! Let's go out quick!" Shu Shu climbed out of the virtual cabin and then remembered that he was not wearing any clothes. He immediately picked up his clothes and started to put them on, unfazed.

When he first lived together with Edgar, he didn't stop changing clothes in front of Edgar. Now, he would not feel embarrassed either.

Nevertheless, Edgar was stiff from head to foot and then left the study without saying a word.

Standing at the entrance of the study, Edgar took a few deep breaths, and only then did his whole person calm down. Following this, he couldn't help but become gloomy again . . . . Shu Shu changed clothes without avoiding him at all. Was it because Shu Shu thought it was unnecessary to avoid him since they're both beastmen?

Thinking of this, Edgar blinked and went downstairs.

"Mother, is there something that matters for you to come over?" Edgar asked.

"Nothing important. Actually, you and Shu Shu . . . . It's better if your affair is settled earlier. Even if Shu Shu's still too young, you can also hold an engagement feast first. Would you like me to prepare it?" Ian replied. He was very well maintained; although he was not young, but he did not look much older than Edgar.

"No need." Edgar refused.

"Why're you so unconcerned? You're not worried about being outrivalled by other beastmen?!" Ian took one look at his son, feeling resentful towards him for failing to meet expectations and impatient to see improvement.

Edgar's face was expressionless. It was impossible for Shu Shu to be robbed by other beastmen. Sub-beastmen, on the contrary . . . . He had to pay more attention to them later!

"By the way, you've confessed, right?" Ian asked again.

Edgar nodded.

"That's good . . . . Shu Shu's still young, so you more or less have to wait some more, OK." Ian said.

Just a moment ago, Edgar found out that the person he liked was a beastman. Now that he was being questioned closely like this, it was just like someone was sprinkling salt on his wounds . . . . Edgar decided to get the upper hand by taking the initiative to talk, "What made mother come over?"

"Shu Shu, of course." Ian smiled and continued, "You took him to the Imperial Plaza and also sent him to school. Everyone in the upper circles basically knows of his existence, and many people have asked me about him . . . . I'm thinking that it'd be better to hold a banquet to introduce him."

"It's not necessary." Edgar refused.

"Who said it's not necessary? Others will probably belittle him if we let him stay in our family without status." Ian said.

At first, Edgar worried about exposing Shu Shu's particular details, which prompted him to hide Shu Shu away, not wanting to let too many people to take note of Shu Shu. But now, Shu Shu already had a normal identity. If he still didn't introduce Shu Shu to others at this time, it would indeed make people think that Edgar and his family didn't care about Shu Shu, and then Shu Shu might get bullied at school. "What time?"

"This weekend, I guess." Ian answered. Then, seeing the fully dressed Shu Shu coming down from the upstairs, he gave Shu Shu a smile and said, "Shu Shu, I'm going to hold a banquet in the Imperial palace in a few days. I'll take you to get some custom-made clothes."

"No need, no need. I have a lot of clothes." Shu Shu promptly replied.

"But you don't have the clothes for attending the banquet." Ian said, stepping forward and grasping Shu Shu's hand.

Shu Shu was really not used to getting close to people. After his hand was held, he felt a little uncomfortable, and Edgar happened to notice this.

In the first place, holding hands did not mean anything, but Shu Shu was a beastman. Did he feel uncomfortable because he was holding the hand of a sub-beastman?

Edgar stepped forward and grasped Shu Shu's hand to pull Shu Shu away from his mother. "Mother, I'll go too."