chapter 55

55. Let's Get Married

Although learning was a dry and dull and tedious task, but in the absence of tiredness and hunger, Shu Shu absolutely didn't feel that it was hard.

He would think that living in imminent crisis in the wild was quite terrible, but he wouldn't think that staying in the cage and cultivating day after day was boring. Merely learning a bit of etiquette now was simply nothing, ah . . . .

If it were not for Edgar shutting down the machine when it was time to eat, Shu Shu probably wouldn't come out.

Anyway, once he came out and saw all kinds of delicious foods, he actually forgot to learn anything for the time being.

He was a bit reluctant to face Edgar though. So long as he remembered that Edgar had really touched and rubbed him indiscriminately, he would feel uncomfortable all over.

Finished eating the meal, Shu Shu dashed into the virtual cabin and started a new round of learning.

At this time, after a night of fermentation and a morning of dissemination, Shu Shu's existence was at last known by the general public.

"Attending the Banquet, the Crown Prince Edgar and a Commoner Sub-beastman Were Inseparable and Perhaps About to Get Engaged". News with that kind of headline became today's lead story.

Seeing such news, some people were happy, and some were worried. Obviously, the happy ones were only a few, while the worried ones were very many. In addition, there were countless people who wanted to know who that sub-beastman who got Edgar's love was, and there were many more everywhere who thoroughly expressed their broken hearts.

Unfortunately, although they were curious about said sub-beastman, but his photos were not released on the star network. The people who knew how Shu Shu looked like were only those who attended the banquet in the Imperial palace.

"This sub-beastman's luck is very good!"

"His Imperial Highness Edgar actually has someone he likes. I'm broken-hearted!"

"Although I like His Imperial Highness, but I also know that I definitely don't have any hope, so I'm not broken-hearted. I wish them well!"

. . . . . .

There were various kinds of comments online, but Shu Shu never saw them.

The virtual cabin could in fact connect to the star network as well, but he was not too proficient in operating the virtual cabin, so he had never made use of this function at all. Instead, he used another function after he was tired of learning.

The virtual cabin had a function to help people sleep, and it could also let people recline comfortably. Many people used the virtual cabin to play online games, and then they would directly sleep inside it afterwards. And so, Shu Shu directly slept inside the virtual cabin tonight.

After he shut tight the virtual cabin, he immediately changed into a little hamster and nested inside the virtual cabin. Sleeping soundly, he started to snore.

Although he liked to be a human, but sleeping in his original form was still the most comfortable.

As a result, when Edgar couldn't find Shu Shu the next day and opened the virtual cabin, he once again saw a cuddly little hamster .

Edgar was afraid that Shu Shu would be unhappy again if he went and hugged him . . . . But such a little hamster, he really couldn't help but want to hold and hug him . . . .

This time, Edgar didn't use his fingers to rub indiscriminately. Rather, he used two hands to scoop up that curled up little hamster . . . . He initially thought that Shu Shu would wake up right away-after all, a beastman's vigilant nature was very strong-but Shu Shu didn't wake up at all.

Not only did Shu Shu not wake up, he even looked like he was sleeping very comfortably on top of Edgar's hands.

Holding his beloved, Edgar's heart was very tender, and he finally couldn't stop himself from kissing Shu Shu's body.

The hamster's short but especially soft hair made Edgar's nose a little itchy, but he didn't dislike it at all. Extending his tongue, he suddenly licked Shu Shu's body.

The beastmen of the cat family or the dog family had all experienced grooming themselves. There was even a website on the star network that exclusively posted videos of little beastmen grooming themselves, which was considered to be the cutest scene in the world . . . . However, as a snake beastman, Edgar had never groomed himself. He had bitten some furry animals to death when he was hunting though.

He always thought that having a mouthful of fur would be very disgusting, but now . . . he licked once and still wanted to lick twice.

However, not waiting for Edgar to move his mouth again, the little hamster on his hands opened his eyes.

The first thing Shu Shu glimpsed in a daze was Edgar. After that, he immediately turned into a human, fell back into the virtual cabin silently, and then glared at Edgar indignantly. "You actually want to eat me!"