chapter 4

4. Someone is a Very Good Person

Shu Shu was afraid that the fowl would need a long cooking time to be done. He waited for nearly two hours before poking the fire and pulling the lump of mud out of it. Then he waited again for a short while before knocking the lump of mud open.

When the mud was knocked open, an enticing smell emerged and spread out. The smell of fowl meat mixed with the fragrance and sweetness of chestnuts, making people wish they could devour the whole fowl already.... Shu Shu had his eyes on the fowl meat in front of him, and he was moved to tears.

He hadn't eaten meat for a long time!

Before, he had been very well-behaved and quite close to his owner. He had also known to go to the toilet on the fixed area-because cleaning the toilet was especially disgusting. Therefore, all his owners had basically treated him very well. In addition to cereals, he also had been fed with lightly cooked meat and boiled eggs. But after he had arrived in this place, he had never eaten meat again!

Shu Shu was afraid to burn his tongue, so he waited for the fowl meat to cool down a little before tearing a small piece and putting it into his mouth. Following this, his eyes immediately lit up.

It's really good and delicious!

Shu Shu ate a few more bites, then he suddenly heard some sound of activity coming from the cave mouth.

Once again, he ran to the cave mouth. There, he found a completely clean wild boar that had been skinned and washed. Furthermore, there's a familiar smell on it.

That kind person gave him a prey again! A very big one, with lots of meat!

It's just.... What's with all the bumps and bite scars on the wild boar's entire body and also the torn belly with intestines spilling out? Has that kind person never learned dealing with prey?

Shu Shu looked outside; the rain was still falling, and there was no sign of stopping. He was even more touched-that kind person had caught a prey in this kind of weather and delivered it to him. They had even helped him skinning and washing it clean. Indeed, this one was a super-duper great person!

Shu Shu had been raised by people for many years before. He totally did not think that there was anything wrong with accepting what others gave him. Without further ado, he cheerfully dragged the wild boar back into his cave. Subsequently, he started pondering.

After eating something delicious, he had to show his appreciation. This way, his owner would give him even more next time. If he didn't show any appreciation at all, his owner would think that he didn't like it. Next time, he wouldn't get anything at all!

Even though presently he didn't know who had sent him those things, but he obviously couldn't just freeload off other people; he had to show his appreciation.

Shu Shu mulled it over, then he ran back into the cave and tore off half of the beggar's fowl along with half of the chestnuts in the fowl's cavity. He used some leaves to properly wrap it up, then he put the parcel beside the stone at the cave mouth where it's unlikely to get drenched by rain.

The fowl was quite big; half of it was enough for him to eat. He totally could give the remaining half to that kind person.

Shu Shu waited at the cave mouth for a while; he wanted to wait until that kind person came. However, he had waited for a long time, but that kind person still didn't come.

Did that person leave? Or did they not want to see him?

Somewhat, Shu Shu didn't understand. He could only leave the fowl meat behind and make his way back into the cave.