chapter 34

34. Edgar Makes Clarification

The Beastman Empire already had the technology of inter-planet network, but it took an immense amount of manpower and physical resources to maintain the star network. Therefore, a remote planet was unlikely to be connected to the star network and would mainly rely on establishing various information points within the interstellar to transmit information.

The speed of such an information transmission was very slow. If the information point was damaged, the information might even be lost. If there was any emergency, such as being invaded, using the point to deliver the news was obviously unsuitable. Afterwards, the military used a new technology to set up a military emergency communication channel.

This kind of communication channel was usually closed off. It took a lot of energy to open each time, but it allowed the capital star's military department of video communication to directly receive the signal from a remote planet, which was very handy.

Edgar himself was on Gass planet, and the fastest way to contact the capital star was undoubtedly to use the military communication channel.

Justin had never used this communication channel and would never use it. On the contrary, Edgar had been serving in the military. He also had such a communication channel on his warship and had even used it several times, so he was very skilled in using it.

Watching Edgar swiftly go into the communication device's energy pad to input the password, Justin, holding the manual that he still hadn't read clearly until now, was rather stupefied.

So as to prevent others from finding out that he was actually incapable of using this communication channel, he lightly coughed and put the manual away where he could not see it.

"Come over here, I want to scan your pupils." Edgar said to Justin.

He also had to sign in? Justin quickly went over to scan his pupils. Watching the complex machine switched on at last, he breathed a sigh of relief. He felt like he was practically the same as a country bumpkin . . . .

No, he was not that bad. The sub-beastman brought by the crown prince was the real country bumpkin . . . . Glancing at the sub-beastman who was rather dull, a feeling of superiority sprung up unbidden in Justin's heart.

Shu Shu was indeed the number one country bumpkin here. Not only was he unable to make sense of all kinds of things he saw here, he was even unable to make sense of what these people said.

Of course, what he did not understand the most was why the disciple brought out by himself seemed to understand everything?

Why was there such a big difference between daemons?!

Maybe . . . Edgar actually wasn't an ordinary daemon? Looking at Edgar's confident appearance, Shu Shu started to ponder over this matter seriously.

Indeed, Edgar was a mythical animal, ah! A mythical animal! It was said that, by nature, as soon as a mythical animal was born, it developed intelligence and even had the golden core in defiance of the natural order of the domestic animal that had to cultivate to reach that stage!

Maybe there was someone who had taught Edgar all along . . . . As for why he had stayed alone in the forest, maybe he had been abandoned because he had not been able to become a human?

Shu Shu's brain hole was getting bigger, and at this time, Edgar was already waiting for the call to be connected.

Meanwhile at the capital star.

The Imperial family scandal three days ago had been getting more and more intense in the past three days because the Imperial family had not come out with any explanations for the cause of it. After people discovered that they could not find the fallen beast who had injured a sub-beastman, they got even angrier because they suspected that the Imperial family had started to do a cover-up.

It was at this time that the medical treatment of the bullied and humiliated sub-beastman came to an end, and the condition of his injuries was completely made public.

This sub-beastman had been violated by a snake beastman in his beast form, resulting in a damaged body. From now on, the sub-beastman would not be able to have children anymore. At the same time, he had also suffered severe psychological trauma and might not be able to live normally in the future.

The masses' emotions that had been brewing for three days could no longer be suppressed and spurted out like a volcanic eruption. For a time, the Imperial family was fiercely questioned by the people.

The emperor and the empress clearly knew about this matter, but they still had not stepped forth to explain because they suspected that the beastman who had injured that sub-beastman might truly be Edgar, and because they didn't know where exactly Edgar was.