chapter 51

51. Myer vs. Shu Shu

The Beastman Empire was very vast and had countless planets; Julian's identity was simply nothing in it.

He originally didn't manage to receive the invitation card from the Imperial family. In addition, his behavior last time of offending Shu Shu in the Imperial Plaza made him realize that there was no invited person who dared to bring him to attend the banquet.

He thought he was already doomed to have no chance to go to the banquet in the Imperial palace. He didn't expect that Myer actually asked him to go . . . .

Who was Myer? He was the only son of the Duke of Grote, one of the three archdukes of the Empire!

Myer was two years younger than the crown prince. He grew up together with the crown prince from childhood, and the relationship between the two of them was very good. The crown prince never gave face to other sub-beastmen, but he was nevertheless quite nice to Myer.

Of course, these were not the important points.

The most important point was that Myer was very, very remarkable.

When Myer was still quite young, he joined a few talent competitions of the Beastman Empire and got first place. He was publicly known to be multi-talented and was two years younger than Edgar when taking the Imperial College's entrance exam at the same time as Edgar. Edgar was the beastman who got first place in the exam, and he was the sub-beastman who got first place.

In the Imperial College, Edgar majored in command and minored in mech and combat, and his grades were always in the lead. As for Myer, he majored in mech manufacture and minored in politics and weapons design, and he also ranked among the best, same as Edgar.

Less than thirty years old this year, Myer was already a famous mech master of the Empire. He had even designed one kind of ammunition that was recognized by the military and eventually became the standard weapon of the military. His excellence was unquestionable.

He was so talented and so outstanding, but that's not all. The people of the Grote family all had a taste for beauty. When seeking a marriage partner, beauty was simply a must, so the genes from generation to generation were optimized. As a result, his appearance was even more outstanding.

Every person's aesthetic was different. Myer was not necessarily the most beautiful in everyone's eyes, but no one could say that he was not beautiful. And his temperament, even other flattering sub-beastmen could not compare with him.

In the Beastman Empire, if Edgar was acknowledged as the most brilliant beastman, then Myer was absolutely acknowledged as the most brilliant sub-beastman.

There were often some sub-beastmen shouting on the star network that they wanted to marry the crown prince and give birth to the crown prince's children, but in fact, those sub-beastmen only shouted for fun, and many among them had probably been married already . . . . Really, when it came to that, everyone always thought that the best match for Edgar was Myer.

The masses didn't know much; although they would think so, but it was merely a thought for them. However, in Myer's upper-class circle, there were actually many people who were already certain that these two people would be together. They felt that if it were not for Edgar serving in the army all the time and Myer concentrating on his career, they might have been together a long time ago.

It was also because of this that when Shu Shu, the empress' relative, entered and lived in the Imperial palace, no one would take him seriously.

Shu Shu's tone of voice was not good when asking Synthia "who the heck is Myer", and then Synthia raved about Myer's background. Finally, Synthia also excitedly stated, "Myer is indeed the idol of all sub-beastmen! I admire him the most!"

Done talking and discovering that Shu Shu's face looked pretty bad, Synthia felt a bit embarrassed. "But now, I admire you the most, Shu Shu! I think you're much better than Myer."

This was clearly just comforting him! Shu Shu gave Synthia a doubtful glance and absolutely refused to believe that Myer could really be so amazing. "He's really so amazing? He must be really capable to be so . . ." Edgar probably had long liked him, right?