chapter 71

71. Shu Shu Turns Into a Hamster

Chestnuts, dried meats, dried fruits, fruits . . . .

A big pile of snacks appeared in front of Shu Shu. The types were many and varied, and the quantity was also a lot. The only thing in common was that the size was not big.

Seeing these things, Ian was dumbfounded. How the hell did these things get here?

While pondering about how the hell these things got here, Ian suddenly thought of the egg in his arms . . . . Shu Shu’s body had been bare and had nothing at all, but Shu Shu had suddenly come up with this egg. Where the hell had this egg been hidden?

The Beastman Empire had developed space buttons, but space buttons could not be loaded with living animals. In addition, whether it was Shu Shu or Edgar, they both had not worn any space button.

"Shu Shu, did you take these things out of your mouth?" Jones, who was a little more attentive, always felt strange.

He felt it was really hard to accept that a sub-beastman’s tiny mouth could suddenly spat out loads of food and what not . . . .

"Yeah! My innate ability is a particularly large food pouch." Shu Shu replied. "It leads to a subspace! "

“No wonder you eat snacks so fast and so many . . . ." Ian stared at the food in front of him. A good deal of them were the ones he had bought for Shu Shu.

"Yeah." Shu Shu nodded and then asked, "Do you want to eat? If you think the food that I took out of my mouth is dirty, you can eat the ones with shells." Speaking, Shu Shu handed out the fresh chestnuts that he had picked himself on Gass Planet.

After arriving at the capital star and tasting all kinds of delicious snacks, he somewhat had overlooked these chestnuts . . . .

Although Ian and Jones had been fed a bit of food by Shu Shu while in the lifepod, but that bit was far from enough. Having long been very hungry, they also realized that only if they ate some food would they have the strength to do other things, so they no longer declined the food. They took the proffered chestnuts, cut them open, and eat them.

Shu Shu straightened out the clothes on his body and glanced sideways at Jones, whose arms were bare because his clothes were given to him. He couldn’t help but frown. "Unfortunately, I didn't bring the space button . . . . Now they don't have clothes to wear."

Space buttons were expensive, but many beastmen would buy one, and they would always equipped it with a variety of clothes. In addition, when they became beasts, they would use it to store their clothes.

When the beastmen were in their human forms, the space buttons were generally worn on their wrists as wrist watches. When they turned into their beast forms, the space buttons would still be worn on their beast legs—as tight wristbands that could stretch a lot.

But Shu Shu and Edgar’s previous situation was different. They became very small.

They became so small, smaller than the space button itself. How could they still wear the space button?

"It’s already pretty good that we’re able to survive." Ian ate a few sweet fresh chestnuts, and his face looked a bit better. Then he turned toward Shu Shu, "Did you bring water?" In this rock desert, besides having no food, they also had another huge trouble, which was having no water.

"There’re fruits and a little drink, but no water." Shu Shu somewhat regretted that he had not had a little more consideration before. Him storing food in his food pouches was purely to hoard snacks, so he could eat anytime and anywhere. Oftentimes, he only started to feel like storing food when he ate something delicious. Why would he purposefully store water inside?

Moreover, something like water was not so easy to store . . . . The drinks he stored were all in individual small bottles, but generally, the water he drank was not packaged like this.

Ian already felt better knowing that Shu Shu could store food and immediately said, "It’s good that we have something to eat. Tomorrow we’ll look around. We should be able to find a water source."

"I think this planet most likely has living things. As long as there’s life, you’ll definitely be able to find a water source." Jones continued, "I’ll go and take a look around later."

If it was possible, their best choice was to leave this desert together, but Edgar's current condition was very bad, and they could not move him at will. Also, they, three sub-beastmen, were naturally unable to move Edgar, who was very big and motionless.

Thinking like this, Jones turned toward Edgar again.

Edgar's physical condition was very poor, and his breath was weak . . . . If they were in the capital star, he could definitely get medical treatment, but here . . . . They had nothing now.

As Jones secretly sighed, Shu Shu came near Edgar's head.

He had always been a little afraid of Edgar's big head, but this time, in a very rare moment, he approached the huge snake head of his own accord. Then he took a bottle of nutrient fluid from his food pouch and slowly poured it into Edgar's mouth.