chapter 76

76. Drawing a Circle of Admirers

After Shu Shu brought the water and fruit into the dugout, he immediately fed Edgar and Ian the water. After that, he clasped the fruit and used his fingernail to cut it open. 

Shu Shu drank a mouthful of the fruit juice, and his mouth was filled with a pure, sweet taste. He at once grinned from ear to ear, and then, holding the fruit with both hands, he came before Edgar and fed Edgar the fruit juice.

"Edgar, we seem to have come to the Fallen Beast Planet, and the fallen beasts here appear to be very friendly." Shu Shu babbled on as he fed Edgar. He had just said a few words when Edgar suddenly opened his eyes.

"Edgar!" Shu Shu was pleasantly surprised.

Edgar glanced at Shu Shu; his eyes somewhat recovered a bit of clarity. His body was very good, and his resilience was also quite remarkable. Otherwise, it would have been impossible for him to recover so quickly when he was thrown into Gass Planet by a space crack after he had self-detonated his beast core. Nevertheless, he still required energy if he wanted to recover.

When he first fell onto Gass Planet, he happened to fall into a river, and the bloody smell on his body drew many fish to come . . . . Those fish ate the rotting flesh on his wounds and conveniently became his meals, allowing him to recover well.

But this time, his injuries were more serious than the last time. Not to mention that falling into a desert was also very unbearable for him.

When he was in good health, it was no problem for him even if he lived in the desert, but when he was being seriously injured, he still preferred a damp environment and also required a lot of water.

Shu Shu had already given him a lot of water to drink and fed him plenty of fruits and nutrient fluid, but the fruits that Shu Shu usually stored up were basically only the size of a chicken egg, and a bottle of nutrient fluid was the size of a thumb. What effect could such little things bring? As a result, Edgar's recovery rate was naturally very slow.

This time, a large amount of water suddenly entered his throat. Only then did Edgar have the feeling of coming back to life.

After drinking water and reviving, he smelled the scents of many beastmen . . . . Edgar gave Shu Shu a glance before he turned to face the hole entrance—Reynolds, who had been excited for a while, was just poking his huge wolf head into the hole.

"What kind of beast is this? Why is he so strange?" Taking a quick look at Edgar, Reynolds gave a small whine. He was considered to be experienced and knowledgeable, but he had never seen a four-legged snake like this.

However, although he did not recognize Edgar's beast form, but he recognized Ian.

Chris’ sub-beastman actually came here too . . . . What’s the matter with Chris? He could not even protect his own sub-beastman?

There were two sub-beastmen in the hole in addition to a seriously injured beastman, and the space was also small . . . . The most important thing was that the scent of that strange-looking beastman inside was extremely dreadful, and his gaze was also very cold and harsh . . . . Reynolds gave another glance and then returned outside. After that, he sat upright at Jones’ side.

After seeing the situation inside the hole, he finally understood why Jones would roam the desert alone. The beastman in the hole was injured to that point, so they could only rely on a sub-beastman to go out and find something to eat . . . .

If he had not become a fallen beast, Jones definitely wouldn’t have had to suffer such grievances. Thinking so, Reynolds extended his tongue and licked Jones again.

Jones pursed his brows and eventually opened his eyes.

Seeing Jones waking up, Reynolds moved closer and licked him several times.

Jones, whose face was getting wet from Reynolds’ saliva, wrinkled his brows even more tightly. He felt a little uncomfortable, and the sunburned area on his face also hurt a bit . . . . But, looking at Reynolds, he simply couldn’t bear to refuse or push away the big white wolf. In the end, he just seized the fur on the big white wolf’s chin.

Reynolds immediately shoved his head closer, making it easier for Jones to grip his fur.

The surrounding fallen beasts: We didn't expect that you’re actually this kind of a boss! Didn’t you usually get mad and violent and not let people touch you?

Anyway, they were really envious of Reynolds . . . .

Bruno extended his paws and seized the mane of his partner, Jesse. As a result, Jesse gave him a backhanded slap . . . . Bruno lay on his back on the ground and suddenly had an urge to change partner.

To add insult to injury, Jesse also pushed Bruno away and then took out a lot of medicines from his space button and put all of them in front of Jones. Their boss' partner seemed to be a doctor? In this case, he was probably more aware of what remedies he needed, and giving him medicines could also make him not hold a grudge against Bruno.

The medicines that Jesse took out were all the remedies that the Beastman Empire prepared for the fallen beasts. These very common medicines were all mass goods, and many sub-beastmen could not use them . . . . Among them, there was no medicine that came in useful for Jones, but after Jones observed them, he was still pleasantly surprised—there were several kinds of medicines that were useful for the seriously injured Edgar!

Realizing this, Jones picked up the medicines in front of him and hurriedly entered the dugout—he already saw that he had been brought back to the place they had been staying for a time by Reynolds.

"Awoo!" Reynolds, watching his own sub-beastman go and leave him just like that, yowled sullenly.

Other fallen beasts who saw Jesse giving medicines to Jones suddenly got an idea.

Giving things? It’s a good idea, ah!

That sub-beastman said that he had a way to restore their beast cores . . . . Should they try to curry favor with him? Although they were not sure whether this matter was true or not, but maybe it was true? If it was true, they should certainly curry favor with him so they would be able to become beastmen again!

Many of these fallen beasts were wearing space buttons when they were exiled to the Fallen Beast Planet. As for some of them who had no space buttons . . . . Quite a lot of fallen beasts had died on this planet, and those fallen beasts had left a few things after their death, including the space buttons. Therefore, the fallen beast troops led by Reynolds could be said to have a space button each.

Their space buttons contained food, water, and some other stuff. Now they took them out without the slightest hesitation and began to choose the best stuff inside, planning to give them as presents for that sub-beastman.

Inside the hole, Jones was feeding Edgar and Ian medicines. He fed Ian a bit of antipyretic and had Shu Shu give Ian more water to drink. As for Edgar . . . . After he had identified the medicines for treating internal injuries, he gave a dose of each medicine for Edgar to eat, but he also upped the doses because Edgar’s body was big.

"Shu Shu, both of them have taken medicine. They’ll be all right once they’ve rested well." Jones said as he sat on the ground, feeling sore.

“OK!” Shu Shu nodded. After he found out that the water in his hands was already finished, he climbed out of the hole again. “Do you still have water?”

They had, ah. There was water everywhere now . . . . Shu Shu’s voice had just fallen when he discovered that there were all kinds of things piled up near the hole entrance. Not only water, but there were also various kinds of foods and fruits and even flowers.

Seeing so many things, Shu Shu opened his mouth in amazement. Then he looked up and found that not far away, a group of fallen beasts were sitting neatly and watching him with bright eyes.

This kind of gaze made Shu Shu feel a little strange as well as a little puzzled.

"These are all presents for you." Reynolds wrote.

Presents for him? Shu Shu was very surprised and pleased. After he adapted to the gazes of those fallen beasts, he showed a smile right away, "Thank you!"

The eyes of the fallen beasts were brighter. They subconsciously wanted to roar and howl loudly, but, thinking that it would scare the sub-beastman, a group of ferocious beasts actually made a series of "whimpers".

"This little sub-beastman is so cute."

"So tender, I really want to touch him!"

"Kara, control yourself. If you insensibly and recklessly go into estrus, we’ll definitely throw you out. People without self-control can't stay in our ranks."

"That’s right, we certainly mustn’t scare him!"

"Look into what he likes, and we’ll go get a little more."

. . . . . .