chapter 61

61. Giving Him the Beast Bead to Eat

Shu Shu brought a large number of people. Included among these were a group that was part of the Imperial Guards, police officers whom Ian helped him to summon, and also a lawyer recommended by Jonathan who was said to be very powerful.

The lawyer was a beastman, but he looked cultured and refined and also wore a pair of glasses. He was surprisingly very different from those beastmen in the army whom Shu Shu had seen in the past.

Anyway, even if this beastman was a bit special, Shu Shu still didn't have time to interact with him. He was in a hurry to find Synthia!

Shu Shu brought some police officers along, and thus, after arriving at Viscount Morton's residence, he broke the gate and entered without giving prior notice and also began to surround this viscount's mansion house completely . . . . This scene was very interesting, and Shu Shu could not help but shout, "Everyone inside, listen, you're already surrounded!"

He felt a little embarrassed after he said that, but the people around him actually didn't care. That lawyer called Donald even smiled at Shu Shu.

The lawyer's smile didn't have the slightest amount of ridicule and was full of indulgence instead, to the extent that Shu Shu's jot of embarrassment disappeared without a trace in a flash.

"What're we going to do next?" Shu Shu turned toward Donald. The duchess thought highly of Donald. Shu Shu initially felt that this man was a powerful figure, and after reading Donald's resume while on the way here, he was even more certain about this point.

This Donald was a top student and had received all kinds of awards since childhood until his hands went limp with exhaustion. After he grew up, he handled countless cases as a lawyer. Although Shu Shu could not understand the vast majority of the legal jargon, but he could not stop himself from admiring this Donald very much.

"Your Imperial Highness wants to step in personally or leave it to me?" Donald watched Shu Shu, all smiles.

"You step in." Shu Shu said at once. "Rescue Synthia." He was now a sick person with a tumor growing in his stomach. This situation certainly didn't require him to step in personally!

Hearing Shu Shu say this, Donald's face showed a smile. He gave Shu Shu a bow and replied with a pleasant-sounding voice, "I will follow your order, Your Imperial Highness."

Although Shu Shu married into the Imperial family, but, essentially, he was still a little daemon who had never seen the world. He had only attended one banquet and ended up leaving in the middle of it to boot. Now, being watched attentively by Donald's concentrated gaze, he couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable.

Donald smiled at Shu Shu and then turned round and walked toward Viscount Morton's residence. "Viscount Morton, you are involved in imprisoning a sub-beastman, mistreating a sub-beastman, embezzling other people's property, and many other criminal charges. Open the door now, and let us enter."

Donald's voice was very gentle and soft and pleasant to hear, but it was nonetheless very firm. Just by listening to it, one would realize that there was no slightest possibility of a compromise. Viscount Morton was shocked.

"We've been surrounded. What should we do?" Viscount Morton looked at his partner with fear. He was actually a man with little ability. If not, he would not have needed to exploit his own marriage to fish for a quick buck.

"How dare they break in like this!" Viscount Morton's partner was quite angry.

"They brought the police. They should've reported the case to the authorities." Viscount Morton said. Even if it was the crown princess, he also couldn't break into people's homes personally. But the police could.

"Father, don't panic. Let's go and call Synthia to come out. We just arranged a marriage for him, that's all. We didn't do anything else." Viscount Morton's son finally placated his parents.

Viscount Morton nodded and became much more relaxed. "Come on, you quickly go and call Synthia to come down!"

Manpower was very expensive nowadays, and the nobility also couldn't have many servants like in the ancient times. Viscount Morton's family always used robots to do housework, and apart from this, they only employed a beastman to help them do some miscellaneous things. After they locked Synthia up, they already let that beastman return home in order to avoid an information leak.

Because of this, Viscount Morton's beastman son personally went to fetch Synthia. In the meantime, the people outside who had been waiting for a while were somewhat impatient.

"Viscount Morton, won't you open the door?" Donald said again.

No sound whatsoever was heard from inside the house. Donald smiled and extended a hand to take off his glasses.

Donald wearing glasses appeared to be gentle and approachable, but Donald without glasses gave people a completely different feeling. If that kind of temperament had to be described with words, it should be called . . . rough and wild?

He stowed his glasses inside his breast pocket and suddenly smashed his fist into the door of Viscount Morton's house.

A loud "bang", and then the door-which was made into a retro shape and looked wooden but in fact used a first-rate alloy and was also inlaid with surveillance camera, sensor, and a lot of other paraphernalia-was smashed open just like that!

The door fell to the ground, revealing the panic face of Viscount Morton who was standing at the doorway.

Donald withdrew his undamaged fist and put away that wisp of evil smile that appeared on the corners of his mouth. Then he took out the glasses that he carried with him and changed back into his initial appearance of an innocent and harmless man. "I'm sorry for breaking your door, Viscount Morton."