chapter 35

35. Leaving for the Capital Star

Staring blankly at Edgar who just stood there and spoke in such an imposing manner while wearing the cheapest-in-the-entire-supermarket nightwear Shu Shu had bought, Shu Shu's whole person was somewhat in shock.

Was this man truly his own disciple? How did his disciple look so ruthless and cool? Clearly, he was more like an overbearing president!

"Shu Shu?" Slightly nervous, Edgar turned towards the little sub-beastman. He had never told the little sub-beastman his true identity. Would the little sub-beastman get angry? Would he feel that Edgar had deceived him? Would he stop paying attention to Edgar because he got angry?

Edgar suddenly remembered a movie he had once seen.

That year, his father was very busy and not even able to go home on his birth father's birthday. His birth father then dragged him out to watch a movie, calling him his little sweetheart and making him his companion to celebrate his birthday in absence of his old sweetheart.

That movie really impressed Edgar.

The movie told the story of a crown prince of a fictional empire who concealed his identity and went out to work. He liked a common-born, beautiful sub-beastman, and soon they were in love with each other. The first half of the movie was a source of constant laughter and very sweet, but after the crown prince's identity was known to the sub-beastman, the situation quickly turned around for the worse.

The sub-beastman thought that the crown prince had deceived him and thus was unwilling to be in relationship with the crown prince anymore. The crown prince's various appeals could not make him change his mind.

All along, the second half of the movie was about the two of them entangled in a misunderstanding. Afterwards, if it were not for the crown prince getting injured in order to save the sub-beastman, perhaps the sub-beastman would never forgive him.

After a certain sentence in the movie, the words "crown prince" and seeing his own birth father's incessant laugh at this scenario had left a deep psychological shadow in Edgar, who, at that time, was only ten-year-old but had already been conferred the title of Crown Prince. At one time, he was even unwilling to step into the cinema again and also got slightly afraid of the sub-beastmen around him. After he grew up a little, all of this was hidden away in the depth of his mind. But now, he remembered it again.

Edgar suddenly detested his outstanding memory.

His experience was very similar to that of the crown prince; would he also come across such a situation?

However, he really did not know how he was going to coax the sub-beastman!

Edgar stood straight as a ramrod with a blank face, but in his heart, he couldn't help but start to worry.

"Who the heck are you, ah?" Shu Shu asked while staring at Edgar for a long time.

"I am . . ." Edgar didn't know how to say the words "crown prince" in Chinese. He also didn't want to be condemned as a cheat by the little sub-beastman in front of so many people. In the end, he sounded the little sub-beastman out by saying: "Let's go back first."

The little sub-beastman should be willing to go back with him and would not start yelling at him on the spot, right?

"Ah, OK! I'm hungry!" Shu Shu immediately replied. He was very curious about Edgar's identity, but this curiosity was definitely not as big an attraction as food for him. Moreover, seeing Edgar's tangled look, maybe his identity was difficult to explain. In that case, just leave it until they go back home.

As a mythical animal, Edgar actually fell to the point where he was thrown away into the forest to fend for himself . . . . According to the numerous TV dramas Shu Shu had watched, his disciple definitely had a very miserable past.

Shu Shu glanced at Edgar with sympathy and then touched his own stomach with quite a pitiful expression. "Those delicious foods that I brought back for you before, you haven't eaten them yet, and you already encountered the heavenly tribulation. It's really a pity that they're wasted now."

Edgar also thought it was a pity that he actually didn't get to eat the things that the little sub-beastman had specially brought back for him because of jealousy . . . . Turning towards Justin, Edgar said: "Your Excellency Justin, do you have a free assistant? I need someone to help me with something."

"Of course." Justin hauled out the secretary behind him. "This is my secretary, very capable. I believe he surely can help Your Imperial Highness to handle some things."