chapter 21

21. Meeting His Own Kind

Edgar saw the beastmen, and the beastmen naturally saw him too.

Suddenly seeing a huge snake in the forest, the beastmen were immediately on their guard, but at the same time, their eyes were also full of excitement.

Although the beastmen by now didn't need to rely on their beast forms to fight for food at the risk of their lives, but they still liked to fight. They even liked to do hand-to-hand combat, not relying on their firearms. Seeing a powerful wild animal right now naturally aroused their deep-rooted warlike nature.

"Boss, this time it's my turn!" One of the beastmen said loudly. In a whizz, he tore open the clothes on his body and turned into an enormous wolf.

While he was tearing open his clothes to be put in the space ring, he was also rushing toward Edgar at lightning speed simultaneously.

Edgar had just come to himself only to find that the man in front him was charging at him. Edgar hurled the fowl held in his mouth aside, and he opened his mouth to try to communicate with the other person involved. Then he suddenly realized that he was a snake now; there was simply no way he could speak. In the present situation, those people would not allow him to think of other ways to slowly communicate with them.

The fowl that Edgar had hurled aside crashed into a tree and fell to the ground; he didn't know whether it was alive or dead. Edgar swung his tail, actually welcoming the enormous wolf head-on. One snake and one wolf suddenly fought for real, locked in a battle.

"Do you think Jeca can win?" The leader of these beastmen has been watching the wolf beastman who was part of their group fight with the huge snake before he turned towards his comrades-in-arms at his side.

They were a garrison of Gass planet. The past few days had been their turn to rest, and they had run into heavy snowfall by chance. It was just now that they could come out and start the winter hunting.

Winter prey was scarce. Of course, their winter hunting was not for the purpose of catching some plump preys. In fact, their winter hunting was to look for savage animals in the forest, shooting and dispatching them for good.

Savage animals could be even more vicious when food was scarce. It also made them more indifferent and uninhibited as they fought. Of course, the garrison could look for savage animals and fight them, but it was unlikely that they could kill those savage animals as they wished. The leader had once fought with a very large tiger, and afterwards, he had ended up giving the wounded tiger some meat.

"Major, although Jeca doesn't like to use his brain, but his fighting power is above ours. He can certainly dispatch a snake like this." A man beside the leader said with a smile, not having the slightest amount of doubt over his words-at this moment, the enormous wolf was gaining the upper hand over the huge snake.

This group of men all had faith in the enormous wolf, but unexpectedly, their voices has barely fallen when the battlefield situation suddenly changed-their eyes could not be more wrong; in a flash, Jeca who has already had the upper hand was actually being suppressed by the huge snake!

The enormous wolf Jeca had turned into was wound tightly by the huge snake, and the huge snake's long-fanged mouth was right at Jeca's throat. If the huge snake opened its mouth and bit down, Jeca's life might cease to exist.

For a moment, the complexion of some beastmen who stood alongside each other changed greatly. Jeca was an experienced beastman; how could, all of a sudden, he get captured so easily by the huge snake?

Furthermore . . . had this huge snake hidden its strength before? If this huge snake had had the upper hand at the outset, they would certainly have rushed to help Jeca. As a result . . . . At the beginning, the huge snake actually hadn't fought back in order to lull them. After they had relaxed, it had seized Jeca in one move . . . . Since when was a wild animal so smart?

These people took out their firearms without the slightest hesitation. On their guard facing the huge snake, they unexpectedly made eye contact with it.

The leader did not know why, but he suddenly couldn't control his hands from shaking. There was some kind of feeling that he could not equal the huge snake. He felt a little chagrined, but when he looked at the men by his side, he found that they were also the same as him. And Jeca, coiled by the huge snake, was already shaking like a leaf at this time.