chapter 56

56. Choosing a Good Day

The good news came so suddenly, and Edgar still hadn't come back down to earth.

Picking up the communication device that had fallen onto the ground, he made a call to Shu Shu with an expressionless face.

Shu Shu had just finished sending the message when he noticed that Edgar was sending him an invitation to video call. Without thinking, he accepted it right away.

"The message just now was sent by you?" Edgar's face showed up on the communication device. There was no expression on his face, but his eyes were watching Shu Shu intensely, making Shu Shu inexplicably feel his face getting a bit hot.

"Yeah." Shu Shu nodded.

"I see." Edgar said.

You see? What do you see? Shu Shu was a little puzzled, but the video call was already hung up at this moment.

Seeing that there was no activity on the communication device, Shu Shu put it away and turned toward Synthia. "Okay, let's go back to class!" After clearing things up, he suddenly felt very comfortable from head to toe.

He couldn't bear seeing Edgar and other sub-beastmen together. Now that he and Edgar were getting married, there certainly wouldn't be such a thing . . . . Shu Shu felt like a big stone had been lifted off his heart.

"You . . . you . . ." Synthia, covering his own little mouth, stared at Shu Shu in shock and couldn't even stop his body from shaking-what did he see? He actually saw a sub-beastman propose marriage to the crown prince!

"What's going on?" Shu Shu asked.

"Shu Shu, you're a sub-beastman. How could you send such news to the crown prince, you . . ." Synthia looked entangled. Normal sub-beastmen all wanted the beastmen to pursue them for a long time before agreeing to be with the beastmen. Furthermore, such a thing like proposing marriage should be done by the beastmen.

"I'm afraid he doesn't like me, ah!" Shu Shu stated very seriously. "You also saw that many sub-beastmen are more amazing than me." That Myer was much more outstanding than him. If someday Edgar liked Myer, how could he deal with it?

The things he liked and the things he wanted, he would quickly grab them and keep them well. This was his creed since forever.

"Alright . . ." Synthia nodded and then suddenly remembered something. "Shu Shu, didn't you say that we should rely on ourselves? You said that we should go audit other classes? You know that we don't learn anything important in the skill class."

"Okay, let's go audit other classes!" Shu Shu nodded. He had already read all the textbooks of the skill class and learned all he should learn. He absolutely wouldn't attend school just to learn impossible subject such as art appreciation, so going to audit other classes would be great.

"Where are we going to audit?" Synthia asked again.

"Where do I know? I was going to ask you this, ah." Shu Shu peered at Synthia. He was still illiterate not long ago; how did he know where he could learn something else, ah?

While Shu Shu and Synthia were pondering about where to go to learn something else, Edgar took out his communication device to make a call to his mother.

"How come you make a call at this hour? What happened?" Receiving the phone call from his son, Ian worriedly asked.

"Mother, I'm getting married." Edgar said.

"Getting married? Shu Shu agreed?" Ian was shocked. Hadn't his son not yet worked things out with Shu Shu? How come he was suddenly getting married?

"Yes, Shu Shu promised to marry me." Edgar stated with a blank expression, but he could not conceal the happiness in his eyes, and he also could not stop the corner of his mouth from curling up.

". . ." So they were actually two peas in a pod! But even so, wasn't it too fast to get married now? For a moment, Ian didn't know what expression he should assume and finally said, "Get engaged first, and then get married."

"There's no need for an inconvenience like that. It's not necessary to get engaged." Edgar replied. He used to think very conventionally before, wanting to wait after Shu Shu graduated before he married Shu Shu. But now, he truly didn't want to wait anymore, and he wished he could get married right away.

He got Shu Shu to promise with great difficulty. If he didn't hurry up and get married, what's to be done if Shu Shu reneged on his promise? Some things absolutely couldn't be delayed!

Edgar also knew that he was being a little mean. Shu Shu was very simple, and presently, he might still not realize the significance of getting married. However, as long as he could get Shu Shu, he did not mind being a little mean.

The joy in his eyes eventually changed into determination.

Ian hung up the phone call without the slightest hesitation. He felt that he couldn't continue the conversation anymore. If he continued the conversation, his son might want to discuss about the wedding reception with him.

Edgar's mood simply could not calm down. After some deliberation, he sent a message to his best friend, Calvin. "Calvin, I'm getting married."

"!!!" Calvin quickly sent a message back and immediately send a second one. "Edgar, don't you know that my mother came to the capital star to force me to marry? In this crucial moment, you're actually going to get married. Are you worthy of being my brother?"

"You should've looked for a sub-beastman to marry since long ago." Edgar replied. How good it was to get married, ah. His brain now was filled with the idea of getting married.

Calvin did not return the message.

Edgar originally wanted to find someone else to share his feelings, but then he inadvertently saw a huge stack of documents in front of him . . . .

After quietly circulating his spiritual power a few times to calm himself down, Edgar began to deal with various kinds of works and casually told people to hold the next meeting an hour ahead of schedule.

While Edgar was being busy, Calvin handed his communication device to Myer. After Myer had seen it, his face was ashen.

"Do you feel like dying?" Calvin was watching Myer, all smiles.

Myer threw the communication device on his hand to the floor, turned round, and walked out. He was already in a rage at this moment, but when he came across Calvin's mother, Jonathan, in the doorway, he still halted his steps. "Uncle Jonathan, good afternoon."

"Myer, would you like to stay and have lunch?" Jonathan turned towards Myer.

"Uncle Jonathan, I have something to do, so I won't stay and have lunch." Myer smiled and said goodbye.

Looking on as Myer left his line of sight, Jonathan turned his head to face his son who was standing on the stairs. "Still not go and chase after him?"

"He doesn't have me in his heart." Calvin said.

"If he continues to not have you in his heart, are you going to become a bachelor for a lifetime?" Jonathan asked.

Calvin touched his nose. "Of course not. Edgar's getting married, and when that moment comes, Myer will give up."