chapter 37

37. Robbing the Star Pirate Ship

There were not many star pirates in the Beastman Empire.

The Empire was strong and prosperous; how could it tolerate savage robbers in its territory?

But there were still a number of star pirates. Some of them were criminals; they didn't want to plead guilty, so they roamed about and robbed the spaceships in the interstellar. Some actually had good identities outside; they secretly robbed others in order to reap without sowing. And there were some who were born as star pirates from the start, living on various undeveloped planets . . . .

There were many origins of star pirates, but no matter which kind of star pirate they were, it was impossible for them to grow too big. After all, just a little bigger, and the military might keep watch on them. In the meantime, they didn't dare to behave unscrupulously.

If they robbed a spaceship and only snatched its belongings, then the Empire would not necessarily spend huge manpower and physical resources to deal with them. But if they dared to kill people or hurt them, or did other cruel things that led to public outrage, the military would definitely attack their old nest in an instant.

For example, Edgar had once annihilated a gang of star pirates who had robbed a good deal of cargo spaceships. They were the descendants of a group of men who had played truant several hundred years ago. At that time, the situation of the Beastman Empire was quite chaotic. There were many private planets that lacked supervision, and these truants suffered severe treatment there. Having reached the end of their patience, they robbed the mineral star's cargo spaceship and became star pirates. At first, they handled matters with propriety; they only robbed some smuggling spaceships or spaceships coming out of private planets, and on top of that, they didn't kill anyone. The Empire also didn't spend much effort to suppress them. As a result, when they replaced their leader a few years ago, they thought they were powerful. Eventually, because they lacked sub-beastmen, they brazenly robbed a cruise spaceship and even killed some beastmen and snatched the sub-beastmen inside.

In the end, those sub-beastman were saved from their capture. Through the military emergency communication channel, Edgar, who knew the whole story, had already led the armed force to eliminate the star pirates.

Other people on the spaceship had never met star pirates, so they were a little afraid. Edgar was truly not particularly worried though . . . . Star pirates who would take a fancy to this dilapidated ship were definitely not very strong. Although Edgar's spaceship was a cargo spaceship, but before they set off, they had equipped it with lots of weapons. Furthermore, there were soldiers equipped with mechs on the spaceship. It was not difficult at all if they wanted to repel the other party.

But now, Edgar didn't think of repelling the other party.

As soon as Edgar arrived at the cockpit, he looked at the scanned picture of the outside.

Those star pirates were still a bit far from them. It was only an old spaceship of the sentry series, and the reason why Jones knew that they were star pirates . . . was because the star pirate ship voluntarily sent them a message to let them know.

This was also considered to be the star pirates' customary move. They would send a message to the spaceship they robbed early on and say some threatening words. Once the people in the robbed spaceship got really frightened, they could easily snatch the goods.

"Your Imperial Highness, let us fend off those star pirates!"

"Your Imperial Highness, I have a mech, let me go out and fight!"

"Your Imperial Highness, let me go out and fight too!"

Two hundred soldiers from Gass planet were on the spaceship, and they all looked very eager and excited to fight.

They had never run into real battles after being assigned to Gass planet. At most, they had only caught those fairly lethal animals of Gass planet. Now that they knew they actually had an opportunity to kill some star pirates, one could well imagine how excited they were.

"Don't go out and engage first, wait for them to come over." Edgar said.

"Wait for them to come over and then eliminate them at one stroke?" Jeca couldn't help asking. He was especially excited and couldn't help but feel like turning into his beast form. If it were not for knowing that turning into a beast form when being excited was a display of immaturity, and that he would be teased by all, he surely wouldn't be able to restrain himself.

"Yeah." Edgar nodded faintly.

Jeca and the other men were even more excited.

Shu Shu simply couldn't understand why they were so excited. It was star pirates, ah! He had never seen any star pirates, but he reckoned they were about the same as the pirates on Earth?

He usually read novels and watch movies, and he was quite fond of those with pirate theme. At one time, he even thought that a certain one-eyed pirate was very handsome. But if he really came across some pirates . . . he would definitely be afraid. He didn't want to run into any pirates at all, and he certainly didn't want to get robbed by those pirates!

Edgar was just going to help Shu Shu settle down when he saw Shu Shu looking very scared and on edge. "Shu Shu, you go back and stay in the room. Rest assured, nothing will happen."

"It's really nothing?" Shu Shu was still a bit nervous. Although Edgar seemed very powerful, but who knew if there were even more powerful people in this place?

"It's nothing. I'll go back with you first." Edgar gently said and then turned towards Jones. "Would Dr. Jones like to accompany Shu Shu?"

"Very well." Jones nodded. Initially, when he came across the star pirates, he was indeed quite afraid, but he was unafraid now. He even wanted to go outside to see. However, considering the current situation, he nevertheless gave up his plan and decided to stay with Shu Shu.

His physical fitness was not comparable to that of the beastman. Although he had some tricks, but was it likely that those star pirates would show their weak points to be shot by his anesthesia needle? He had better not cause trouble for everyone.