Chapter 2

We were in my last class of the day which was English and it was the most boring class of all. The only good thing about English was that I had a nerd sat next to me who did most of my work for me. Other than that, all I wished for in that class was sleep.

"Y/n I have done your literature and reading papers for you." He mumbled. I felt bad that I knew nothing about this kid except for his amazing talent in writing and just work in general. I sat up and thanked him before the teacher dismissed us for the day. I put my work in my folder and stood up to leave when I noticed the boy wasn't getting up from his seat. I stared at him for a minute with knitted eyebrows. He continued working however he looked very stressed. I decided to talk to him as I didn't find it fair that he did all my work just to be left alone.

"Are you okay? The bell has gone you know?" I said, examining the rim of his glasses.

"Yeah I know I just...haven't really had time to finish my own work while doing yours but it's okay." He said, rummaging through his bag for something, his face turning a flushed red. I closed my eyes and sighed. I was such a rude person. I immediately opened my folder and handed him the work he previously did for me. He looked up at me in shock and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"No...no I did those for yo-"

"Please take them back. I wouldn't have asked you to do them if I knew you weren't doing yours first. Please take them back." I said, handing them to him. He hesitated before bringing his hand towards the papers.

"Thank you, Y/n." He said, with a small smile. He kept his head down and barely made eye contact with me. I was about to walk off until a thought came to my head, causing me to turn back.

"Hey, look my friend is gonna be out tonight and I have a lot of homework due first thing tomorrow, do you mind helping me?"

There was always something intriguing about this guy but also kind of creepy. I guess that's why I have always steered clear of him. I have caught him staring at me in many classes and yet he hadn't once looked away. Who does that? You get caught, you look away. Isn't that the normal instinct? This dude was weird. Yet, it really did intrigue me.

"Uhm I also have a lot of homework to do so maybe n-"

"Okay then well maybe I could come to your dorm and we could help each other." I said politely. It wasn't until that sentence left my mouth that I noticed how desperate I sounded which wasn't like me. I wouldn't say I was extremely popular but with most of the college knowing my stepbrothers to be a famous boy band, it would be safe to say that I was pretty liked. Not liked for me. Liked because of my brothers. As always..

"Uh oh-okay then..." He said hesitantly, as he began to pack all his stuff away, keeping his head faced at the ground. He doesn't wanna make eye contact now, eh?

"Oh and...your name is?" I asked with an apologetic pout. I was afraid to ask him as I didn't want him to think I was rude. Instead he released a pleasant sounding chuckle and looked into my eyes through his thick glasses.

"Kai."

Word Count: 609