Chapter 19

Namjoon's PoV:

"-but yeah, not gonna lie I haven't been great without you guys but I was able to get through it and I guess it paid off." She said, fussing about with her hands, causing me to draw attention to them, now examining them as she lay both relaxed hands on the table. That's when I noticed something. The ring? She promised us she would keep it on, why on earth would she take it off?

That was the only thing she had to remind her of us and she took it off? Ugh, stop being an idiot, it has been years, she could have lost it or anything. I furrowed my eyebrows at her a bit more until she looked towards me from across the table innocently, grabbing at her drink and sitting back in her seat, giving me the same expression back.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked sassily, taking a sip of her iced coffee. I watched her lips wrap around the straw and took my chance to grab at her hand that was sitting on the table. I placed her small hand into mine gently, rubbing at the soft, delicate skin. Her eyes roamed my face as if waiting for me to blurt something out, so I didn't take much time before speaking.

"Where's the ring?" I mumbled, my other hand making its way up her arm with my soft touch. She looked away to J-hope in nonchalance but I banged the table with my other hand, drawing her attention back to me.

"Hyung-" Jimin said but I shushed him. This wasn't a time to try and calm me down. I wanted an answer. He may not care, but that ring was expensive and meant a lot. He sat back in a pout and rested into Jungkook's side.

"So?" I said, not taking my eyes off her as I could see her becoming flustered. If that wasn't a sign that she hadn't lost it or took it off purposefully then I don't know what is.

"I can explain but first you need to explain to me." she said to all of us, taking her arm away from me as I had now loosened my grip in confusion. I shot my vision around the table to the rest of my brothers, each of them more clueless and confused than the next; what would we possibly need to explain?

Y/n's PoV:

"I had our reunion all set out. I was going to meet you backstage of your concert in L.A, even Yeonjun was in on it. I was so ready to meet you and I couldn't wait. And then I come to meet you for the first time in years and I see you with another girl! BEHIND MY BACK."

The guys all looked at each other with knitted eyebrows. I simply rolled my eyes at their typical behaviour and crossed my arms furiously.

"Oh, save the act, I saw it with my own two eyes." I spat confidently, holding my tears back like an expert, while the images I saw that night swam through my head.

I love you too...

"Y/n, we honestly have no clue what you're t-"

"Oh my god! So you are seriously gonna lie to me right now?! Would you like to explain what I saw then? Hm? Showing a girl around the place and TELLING HER YOU LOVED HER?"

"Y/n, please calm down you're drawing attention..." Jimin whispered, grabbing at my arm but I immediately flung him off. I didn't care if I was drawing attention. I wanted the truth.

"So? I am not leaving until I get the truth." I declared, sitting back in my seat. I found it odd that not one of them looked guilty. They still managed to keep their confused faces intact as they communicated with each other. Suddenly Jungkook sat up and looked my way.

"Wait first or second night?" He asked, throwing his tongue into his cheek.

"Second. Why?"

"Jung-hee" He mumbled, causing the others to let out satisfied and almost relieved sounds. I looked around at them, gaining a bittersweet feeling. The happy sounds leaving their mouths gave me hope that it was a misunderstanding but if that were true, I just made a complete fool of myself.

"Y/n, Jung-hee is our cousin. We barely see her as she lives here in L.A so we were so happy to finally meet her again after what...probably around 7 years?" Jin confessed, looking around at the other guys, now vigorously nodding their heads.

I felt like a piece of crap. I couldn't believe I had just screamed at them, not to mention the crowd that began to gather around us, when it was literally their cousin. I dropped my jaw and put my head in my hands. But at the same time: thank fucking god.

"Ugh, I'm so sorry for all of this. I have been so stressed about this situation because I really thought you were lying to me. And Joonie, I am SO sorry about the ring, I just...I got really angry and threw it into the audience after seeing you with her...but now I feel so fucking stupid." I whined, beginning to cry into my hands. Not long after, I felt a hand snake up my back and stroke it comfortingly.

"You aren't stupid, there is no way you could have known. And don't be sorry. If anything, we are sorry." Hoseok said, grabbing my small hand and putting it in his. I lifted my head off the table with a loud sniff, wiping at my eyes which were now stinging insanely bad. That was enough crying for today...

We had a big nice conversation about how our lives had been in the last years and how great it was to finally be together again. There were emotional and comedic moments which made me so happy to finally be with them after so long. I was so happy that this whole thing was a misunderstanding as it took a lot of tension and worry off my shoulders. After around an hour of talking, Jimin's phone began to ring.

"Let me take this." He sighed, walking off and putting the phone to his ear. Although he walked away, we could all still hear him and we were indeed listening in.

"Yeah...a little cafe, we're not that far away...yeah...ugh can't we move it till later?...*sigh* okay we will be there soon...K bye." we heard him mumble before he strutted back up to us.

"That was our manager, he said our meeting is now moved to a 2pm slot so we need to leave now " he said sternly, eyeing us all. I looked down sadly and frowned. I didn't want them to leave, we had only just reunited.

"Tell him we're busy." Namjoon scoffed at Jimin, clearly annoyed that the situation was getting in the way of our time together.

"I tried. He said it's a compulsory meeting." he grumbled, putting weight on his other leg. The boys all sigh while looking at me.

"I guess we have to go..." Yoongi mumbled sadly, as they all start to stand up and dust themselves off.

"Well, It's been great seeing you again. I missed you like crazy. Hopefully we can meet again soon?" I said, grabbing each and every one of their attention. Tae removes himself from the booth after me and immediately grasped onto my hands, looking down at me.

"We are leaving L.A tomorrow do you want us to book you a flight? Now I've met you again I don't think I can let you go." he beamed, subconsciously squeezing at my hands. It still felt surreal that they were my stepbrothers. BTS are my stepbrothers. Wow...

I put my head on his chest and began to hug him tightly.

"No, no don't go through that much effort. You all have enough to be dealing with at the moment. I will call you all later, hurry up and get to your meeting I don't want you missing it cause of me." I giggled, kissing him on his nose.

We gradually made our way to the door, all of us secretly never wanting to leave and trying our best to take the longest possible time to exit the cafe. I passed the guys along to their screaming fans and began walking in the opposite direction, exchanging smiles with them for possibly the last time in another few years...

Word Count: 1431