Chapter 15

"Oh...my god."

Stepping into Meghan's house wasn't the experience I thought it would be. Sure, I knew she was rich but this beauty was far from my expectation. Stepping inside, my eyes were glued to a huge, grand staircase pressed against the right-hand curved wall, ascending to the next floor, protected by a long army of thin, petite white pillars. There were high ceilings and a hallway leading off to the left, most likely heading towards the kitchen or living area, the path decorated with light grey marble to accompany the plain yet elegant-looking white walls. Looking above me, I spotted an enormous gold crystal chandelier, the natural light beaming off each shard. Beads of glass trickled down gracefully, coming into contact with the many, many layers of glossy fragments that made up the wonderful display.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before, silly." she said cheerfully, throwing her car keys into the small ceramic bowl at the door and trotting off in her heels. I know I had once lived in a house this big and expensive but I guess you could say I got used to it; seeing this for the first time and knowing it was one of my friends that possessed it put me into a state of shock; it was beautiful.

"Y/n."

I turned my head abruptly in the direction of her call, on my left side. Meghan was standing next to a big, grand archway, gesturing me to follow her. I took one last glance around the entrance hall before following her into the room.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I think it's safe to say you got the job."

"Job? What do you mean? I thought it was just for fun." I blurted out, receiving a sigh from her as she reminded me that there was a small chance I could gain a job from my previous test shots. I was almost tiptoeing now as I stepped onto a big, clean, white fluffy rug that covered most of the steel-grey laminated flooring. Despite the hallway being so grand, the living room was extremely cosy: many pillows and fluffy blankets placed around the room, beige velvet couches accompanied by two matching chairs and a chaise lounge further across the room, all facing in the direction of her humungous TV hanging on the wall. I never remembered Meghan being such an amazing designer, but then again, I guess a situation like that never came up. We arrived at the one of the couches and sat down, sinking back almost immediately.

"Come on then. Tell me what was so important" She sighed, getting comfy and putting a pillow in front of her. I copied her actions and squeezed the pillow tightly in nervousness; here goes nothing...

"Okay well. You know..." I began, puffing up my cheeks and exchanging the air from one cheek to the other. This certainly was not the easiest topic to talk about and it never got any easier.

"Go on." she gave me a reassuring smile, taking one of my tensed hands and putting it into hers, enveloping it with her soft fingers.

"Okay well, they have all been my step brothers for years now and...I don't know, they were always very protective of-of me and I guess...seeing them with other girls kind of upsets me...I-I want them to look after me, not them..."

I couldn't do it. That was enough information. There was no way I could bring up our history. I already knew in the back of my mind that there was no way I would be able to confess everything I so badly wanted to. It gets harder and harder to keep this secret every single day and I know one day I am going to burst, but not today. (A/n: don't.)

"Hmm, it makes sense. Have you been worrying about this since the other night?" She asked, tilting her head slightly and stroking my hand lightly with her thumb.

"Yeah...and now I don't know whether to visit them or just go back as if nothing happened..." I said, laying back with a loud, audible sigh. "It's just so stressful, I wanted our reunion to be special." I mumbled, a tear attempting to break through but I held it back expertly.

"Well if you were to ask me..." She started, pulling the bottom of her tight dress further down her legs, repositioning herself to face me better.

"I would meet up with them while you can. You said you haven't seen them in five years so who knows when you're gonna get another chance. They are only gonna get more famous, Y/n. This chance will be better than any to come. Also, I know you're thinking the worst of the worst right now but it could have been a misunderstanding, that girl could have been anyone." She said and I nodded, explaining that I was thinking the same thing.

We exchanged smiles and I immediately pulled her into a tight hug, thanking her for everything. Even though I didn't explain the whole situation to her, giving her a glimpse into my worries definitely took a bit of stress off my shoulders. As we both pulled away, my phone began to ring violently in the back pocket of my skirt.

"Who is it?" She asked, walking out of the room, presumably to put the coat she just removed onto the coat rack near the entrance. I pulled my phone out and gasped. It was Meghan's manager. Meghan said I most likely wouldn't get a call this quickly. Nevertheless, I answered it as soon as possible and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?...yeah, speaking. REALLY!? oh my god! Thank you so much...yes I will see you then!"

I put the phone down and began screeching at the top of my lungs, sinking back into the comfy sofa and kicking my legs into the air excitedly. I heard the trot of Meghan's heels getting louder as she walked back into the room.

"Whattt!? What is it?!" She exclaimed, matching my excitement. Before I could say anything, all I could think to do was run up to her with open arms. Her face lit up as she embraced me, hopping about with me.

"I GOT THE JOB!!!" I screamed down her ear, making her join in with my awful screaming.

After a few more minutes of excitement we were both worn out, splurged out on the couches, still giggling for absolutely no reason, just out of excitement and giddiness. I decided the best thing for me to do was let my parents know I got the job. I pulled out my phone once again except this time I was the one phoning up. I find my mom's contact, pressing call and putting it on speaker, so that Meghan could hear. After only a few rings, the call was answered and I heard my mom's sweet voice.

"Hi honey! It's been a while since you called, is everything okay?"

"Yes mom everything is fine! I was just calling to tell you that I got a modelling job in L.A!!" I exclaimed, finding it hard to keep my excitement back once again. After a few moments, I heard her make an excited sound, similar to mine, down the phone, causing me and Meghan to giggle in awe.

"That's amazing sweetie! I'm so proud! L.A too...does that mean you get payed well?"

"I'm not sure right now as I've just started but if so, I'm most likely gonna have to live out here if I want to keep the job. I'm not positive at the moment but I will call you when I know more." I said, my smile increasing while talking. I knew L.A was a while away from Korea and I wouldn't see them much, but this was my future career we were talking about. It was a possibility that I would have to move out here; a high possibility at that.

"I understand honey, just make sure you inform us about what's happening. Your father said he is proud also."

"I hope I can come see you both soon, I miss you already."

Suddenly, my mom's reply transforms into a muffle and I look at my phone with furrowed eyebrows; I was getting another call. A FaceTime call. My eyes landed on the contact "Namjoonie <3" and I gasped in shock. I wasn't expecting him to call.

"Uh mom I'm gonna have to go, Namjoon-Oppa is calling me." I shouted over the loud ringtone. I heard another muffled sound come from my mom and presumed she was saying her goodbyes therefore, I quickly ended the call and looked up at Meghan.

"Oh my god. What do I do!? Do I answer him!?" I said worriedly, receiving a look from her, one that implied I was crazy.

"Y/n, you need to calm down! Just answer him but DON'T tell him you are in L.A." She exclaimed. I agreed silently with a small head nod before clicking the answer button, waiting for his beautiful face to pop up.

Word Count: 1537