Chapter 24

I started to come around slowly yet there was an immediate, painful pounding coming from my head. I couldn't remember a single thing that had happened. The last thing I remembered was being in the studio with Kai and now I was waking up on something extremely comfortable with the worst headache imaginable. I began to open my eyes gradually and noticed that I was lying on Meghan's living room couch.

"How the hell did I get here?" I mumbled to myself sitting up and rubbing my head to try and ease the pain but of course it did nothing. As my eyes started to come into focus, I noticed that I was wearing something completely different to before. It was like an over sized white turtle neck jumper. Where did I get this from? It's not mine! It was incredibly comfy and smelt really familiar, although I couldn't put my finger on it. I also noticed that a blanket had been put on me. Whatever happened to me must have been bad for me to be getting this special treatment. Did Meghan bring me here? Suddenly I heard a voice that made me jolt up in shock.

"Oh you're up!"

Kai?

"What the hell is happening?" I asked curiously, sitting up as Kai handed me a cup of warm coffee. He then sat cross legged at the end of the couch and rested his chin in his hands. There was a myriad of things I was confused about and Kai was right there to tell me everything but I couldn't bring myself to talk while he sat in front of me looking how he did: his outfit, his hair, his face. I didn't know if it was because I had only just woken up and seeing him half-asleep was fascinating but something about him in this fit intrigued me. I couldn't bring myself to do anything, except just examine the perfect man that was now sitting across from me.

"You fainted." He sighed, looking from one of my eyes to the other slowly.

"Twice."

Suddenly everything started flowing back into my head, so quickly that my brain felt like it was having a rapid break down; ready to shut off completely. I felt my cheeks becoming hotter the more I thought about my feelings and what I had exactly been thinking off for the few minutes I was unconscious. I couldn't tell him that I was dreaming about him. But what am I supposed to do with these feelings? The more I try to shake them off, the more intense they get. They are fucking with me and at this point, I'm pretty sure there is no way out.

Kai's PoV:

Flashback:

I came out of the makeup room, with my contacts in for the first time, excited to show Y/n. They were a lot more comfortable than I thought they would be. They actually felt rather normal. I couldn't see as well as I can with my glasses but I can see enough.

I knew if I stood and thought about her reaction, I would start to freak out so without hesitation, I threw the door open and slid a hand in my pocket. I looked around the room and attempted to find Y/n dotted somewhere in the room. But she was no where to be seen. I adjusted my vision to the ground and that's when I spotted her; lying on the cold floor and it certainly didn't look as if she lay down willingly. I gasped and ran up to her immediately, my heart beginning to pound in worry.

Y/n!! Y/n wake up!" I said, shaking her gently but after a few more seconds I gave her a more violent shake, mostly because my anxiety was increasing the longer she didn't wake up.

I lifted her chin and put my ear to her mouth, to see if her airways were clear. She was breathing fine which meant that she must have be unconscious. It took a huge weight off my shoulders knowing she was okay and breathing. I just don't know why she would have fainted.

"Is she okay?" her manager said in a snarly voice, not even trying to conceal the fact that he couldn't care less. I looked down and rolled my eyes. Why doesn't he just stick to his own business instead of trying to care?