Chapter 7

"Wait so pi is 3.15 but how many numbers do you need for it to be accurate?" I asked, twiddling my toes as I examined the question painted on my homework sheet. Kai immediately got up from the floor, making his way towards the bed, which I had claimed. He hunched over to get a better view at my math homework before letting out a sigh.

"First of all, pi is 3.14 and secondly, there's a pi button on your calculator."

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed, rummaging around the bed for my calculator. After finally gripping onto it, I skimmed through the random, hardly used symbols and spot the small pi symbol towards the bottom. Kai let out a chuckle and went to sit back down.

"You're dumb." he joked, lining his ruler up to his paper.

"Yah! I told you, you can't use that insult with me!" I said grumpily, causing him to turn back slowly.

"And why is that?"

He knew what the answer was and I didn't feel like flattering him so instead I chucked a pillow his way. Due to Kai's slow reaction time, the pillow bounced right off his face, taking his glasses with him.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" He shouted with a huge smile, getting up and heading towards the pillow, presumably to throw it back my way.

"OKAY NO NO NO IM SORRY IM SORRY DON'T!" I squealed in excitement, causing him to laugh along. He simply came to a halt and gently placed the pillow on the bed.

"That's what I thought."

Suddenly a loud unlocking sound came from the door, and the sound of footsteps got closer and closer.

"Clean your shit up, idiot."

Sehun.

When he came around the corner, we awkwardly made eye contact, before he rolled his eyes and looked away, in Kai's direction who was now slowly picking up his stationery and random papers that were scattered along the floor. Kai and Sehun were roommates? Now it made sense why Kai didn't have any fear in speaking to him how he did earlier. They must be close.

"Why is she on my bed?" He snarled, completely cutting me out of his eyeline like a child. I rolled my eyes and began to pick up my sheets too. There was no way I was dealing with that again.

"I told her she could, is there a problem?" Kai snapped back, throwing his items onto the bed on the other side of the room before turning around to him. He didn't tell me anything, I hopped on the bed willingly. Why is he lying?

"It's my bed. What makes you think you can give someone permission t-"

"Let it go, Sehun. Do you see how childish you sound right now? I've never heard you complain when other girls are on your bed. The anger isn't covering up your embarrassment, it actually just makes it more amusing." Kai stated ending with a slight chuckle, folding his arms. I wasn't proud of it, but I saw myself getting interested in the conversation. At first, all I wanted to do was get out of there but now, I was intrigued.

"Oh I see, you're tryna show off in front of your little girlfriend, alright." Sehun replied, eyeing me before looking back at Kai. "You wanna protect her yeah? I'm not gonna do anyth-"

"She's not my girlfriend you idiot." Kai snarled, walking a bit closer. The tension in the room right now was causing me anxiety but at the same time, a ripple of excitement ran through me which was presumably what was keeping me stuck to the bed.

"Y/n, get out." Sehun commanded, still focused on Kai, his eyes not leaving him. I honestly didn't know what to do. I looked from Sehun to Kai multiple times. Should I stay and make sure nothing bad happens? Or should I go and let them sort it out themselves? I get a look of reassurance from Kai, telling me that it would be best if I left. I nodded his way and picked up all my stuff, hopping off the bed and making my way towards the door, shoulder knocking Sehun on the way.

Word Count: 695