Chapter 40

We all filed in one by one to the main conference room, accepting bows from seemingly my brother's team. I felt a lump in my throat at the sudden eyes on me as I made my way in and took a seat. We were seated at a long table, surrounded by many of my brother's authorities: most likely their managers and lawyers. They all seemed very old in age yet they dressed very smartly. Stepping into the Hybe Entertainment building alone was terrifying. But it was nothing compared to this.

It had been a month since Kai's death and after a long grieving process, I decided it was time to address the matter Namjoon had told me about. After some thorough thinking, I knew it was the best option for me. Being put into a house that was hidden from the public might seem imprisoning to other people but with the things I had been through, nothing sounded better than having a place to myself. A place were I could be fully alone, away from the dangers of the world.

"We are glad to have you here to discuss matters Miss L/n." One of the older men spoke, a kind charm in his tone. It actually made me a little more comfortable. I didn't know why but walking into the room made be feel like a bad guy; made me feel like I was going to be interrogated and punished if I said the wrong thing, but his inviting demeanour seemed to help calm my nerves. I didn't know what to say or do and I was hoping someone would take over the conversation, but as the silence lingered on, it became obvious they were waiting on me to speak.

"Uhm, yes. Yes thank you, I'm glad to be here too." I mumbled out, going a deep shade of red and trying to keep my head directed at the table, while still being respectful. I think Taehyung noticed my inability to act normal and so he decided to speak for me. In reality, I didn't have to be present at this meeting, I just needed to sign a few things for confidentiality reasons, but I wanted to attend. However, the longer I sat with matured eyes glancing my way every few seconds or so, the more I regretted my decision.

"Do you have the requirements she needs to read through?" Tae asked, rather calmly. It wasn't a shock to me that he was so comfortable in this situation because it was his own team. Him and the rest probably saw them at least fortnightly for important meetings. But I had never been in this position before and it was rather frightening; I didn't know what to expect or how to act.

"Actually," The other man at the head of the table began, pulling up his watch to rest in front of his eyes. "We have quite some time and so I thought we would go over the rules and regulations with you." he said, directing his attention to me. Everyone mumbled sounds of satisfaction and I mumbled along, still unaware of what was happening.

"First of all, the reason for this meeting." He began with a loud exhale as he shifted out of his seat and made his way to the projector on the wall. "We need to ensure that you can keep all this information completely confidential. Considering you can do that, I won't go into the details of what would happen if you were to oppose. Our team would have to investigate the matter before taking further action."

This all seemed way too serious for my liking. It was obvious I was going to have to be told all this, about keeping everything private because come on. If I were to blurt out that I was living in a mansion, invested by BTS and I was carrying their baby, that shit would not end well. Although, this situation wasn't the most common thing to happen in life. I doubt many would actually believe me if it were to leave my mouth.

"Miss L/n?"

Shit, I had been daydreaming.

"Uhm yes, yeah sorry go on. I'm listening." I said with a shake of my head, a little embarrassed, my cheeks burning up a little more. I felt something come into contact with my naked leg, something warm with a firm grip. I looked down to see Tae's hand squeezing at my lower thigh comfortingly. I looked in his direction only to catch him looking back.

"It's okay." He mimed, before an accidental bang sounded from ahead of us, and his attention was brought back to the front, releasing his hand from my leg to fold it across his chest, along with his other arm. I copied his action and faced the front, where the man was still standing.

"I will now go through the contents of papers that you need to sign."

-

After what felt like an eternity, the meeting was finally over and the last part was the easiest part. I already knew this is what I wanted to do. I had no hesitation as he slid the papers my way, my hand reaching out to stop them directly in front of me. I skimmed through the text, seeing familiar information; similar to what he was talking about previously. But who was I kidding?

This was all I wanted.

I got bored of the skimming and began flicking the pages away until I got to an empty line, awaiting my approval. I smile softly and grabbed the pen handed to me with the contract, placing the tip onto the paper and validating the information thoughtlessly. I checked for any other empty lines before handing the papers back, a smile forming on the man's face, a few wrinkles revealing themselves.

Most people would think I was insane for this and to be honest, if I wasn't in this position I would think so too. But if I could go weeks without seeing them and still know where my love lies, being able to see them every day was a dream come true. No amount of arguments or hate would be enough to terminate the love I felt for them. Nothing would ever be enough and my heart told me this needed to happen. For me, for them, for the baby. It was right. I knew it.

"Do you accept, Miss L/n?"

Word Count: 1078

A/n: that's the end of the story hehehe. I know ya'll are gonna hate me for ending it like that but I feel like the next stages of Y/n's life are pretty obvious at this point. Nevertheless, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! Thank you for all the support on this sequel and hopefully if I find more time and motivation in the future, I may attempt to create a new book. I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you to everyone who sent me words of encouragement; it means a lot :) as I said, I may be back with more in the future but for now I say goodbye <3