Chapter 12

I was about to open the door when I heard a loud, excitable noise from around the corner. I turned around in shock as does Meghan. It sounded very familiar and I knew I was doomed. I didn't want to reunite with them like this. The sound of Jimin's laugh after Hobi's cute voice went through me. Sure, I heard it on face time but hearing it in real life made me want to sink into a pillow and shoot up with nervous goosebumps at the same time.

"-so just around here is our makeup and dressing area." I heard Namjoon say, their voices and footsteps getting closer. Who were they talking to? Surely everyone they knew would know where the makeup room was. I squinted my left eye, keeping my right one open in anticipation. We were quite literally stuck in this one corner of the corridor. Well, fuck my perfection reunion.

Suddenly, the boys swung around the corner however in the opposite direction, to the left. They began strolling towards the door when I noticed something. Something causing my heart to plummet to my stomach.

There was a girl with them.

"Okay, this is us." Jungkook beamed, to the small girl in between them. She bowed towards them and hugged Jimin tightly, mumbling something to the members but I couldn't hear from that far away; the sense of doom I was experiencing probably wasn't helping either. But from reading Kookie's lips, i'm pretty sure I heard something correctly...

"I love you too."

My heart sank. I had never felt so betrayed in my life. How could they do this to me? And more importantly, why the fuck would they hide such a thing from me?

"Oh wow...I wonder who that is, secret girlfriend perhaps?" Meghan giggled jokingly, crossing her arms and looking at me. She gasped immediately once seeing my state and came closer to comfort me. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not." I said strongly, breathing in and wiping all my falling tears away. I watched as my brothers said their last goodbyes before walking into their dressing room. I slammed my hand down and rolled my eyes. "This is stupid let's just go b-"

"Uhh Y/n we payed a hell of a lot for this, I think we deserve to see your brothers. And who cares if they have girlfriends now! Why do you even care!? It's not really a surprise to be honest." She said, which hurt like hell. If only she knew how badly I was in love with them. She was never going to understand and I think that's what hurt the most. I had no one to talk to about this except them: the ones who were betraying me before my very eyes.

"No I-I can't seriously, you enjoy it...I-I'm not really in the mood right now." I said, beginning to walk away but her hand stopped me.

"Y/n, whether they have girlfriends or not it doesn't change how they feel about you...you're their stepsister and you get on with them so well. No one could replace you." She said, gripping onto my shoulders and giving me a gentle shake. I managed to smile at her reassuring comment. Even though she didn't know the full thing, I could tell she was trying her best to make me feel better. And I guess it did help a little, but it still wasn't enough to want me to stay. Honestly, I didn't think anything would be enough.

"I'm sorry, Meghan." I mumbled, running away with a river crashing down my cheeks as I did. I began sobbing horrendously as I ran towards the backstage door, Yeonjun's vision being pulled my way, presumably because of my whimpers and loud footsteps on the ground.

"Y/n, stop. What's up? Why are you cr-" I heard him say, clearly alarmed by my sudden change in emotions, but I didn't stop. I needed to get out of there as quick as possible. I felt like I was going to throw up and have a panic attack at the same time. I tried my best to keep running but fans filled every corner and I was locked in. What had this day come to? All I wanted to do was meet my brothers again for the first time in 5 years. But how can I trust them or even face them ever again? They lied to me...

They promised me they wouldn't see other people. I kept my promise. I can't believe they betrayed me like that.

I was so angry in the moment that I screamed at the top of my lungs and threw my ring from Jin and Joonie into the sky, never to be seen again. I didn't want anything to do with them anymore. I began to swim through the sea of colourful outfits as quick as possible before my eyes flooded and I was incapable of seeing straight.

I asked the guards to let me out and I started hurrying back to my hotel. Of course, I was over reacting and I knew it must have been a misunderstanding. I just needed to get some rest and then I could deal with the situation later. It was best I slept now, in case it really was what I thought it was: there was no way I would be able to sleep if they had done what I think they had.

But something about it seemed off. I don't think they would lie to me like that. I basically grew up with them and something about the situation just didn't seem right. Maybe I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time; I didn't want to worry about anything in that moment. I let the thoughts run through my mind while I slipped out of my outfit and washed all my makeup off. I just hoped to god it was a misunderstanding. Please...

Word Count: 1000