Chapter 26

I stretched happily as my eyes adjusted to the bright light. It was nice to not be woken up by Meghan's alarm anymore. Plus the bed was the comfiest thing ever. I looked to the right side of me and Kai wasn't there; don't tell me this dude got shy and decided to sleep downstairs?

I picked my phone up to read the time as 9:57am. I widened my eyes as that was actually quite late for me; I was so used to getting up early for college and in L.A. Suddenly, I heard the loud vibration of a toothbrush getting nearer. I looked towards the door and sat up in curiosity, a semi-naked Kai making his way in. He had nothing on but a towel around his waist bones. His fringe was slicked back for once to meet with the rest of his wet black hair, revealing his forehead. I attempted to shut my mouth but it just didn't want to; this was the first time I had saw Kai like this and I was honestly gobsmacked. He was perfect in every way.

"Well someone needed the sleep last night, hmm?" He mumbled through the toothpaste, walking up to me and shutting my mouth. He began to walk off but I pulled his hand back rapidly, causing him to face me again.

"What do you mean?" I replied, beginning to stroke at his toned arms, watching as the few drops of water visible on his skin slide off and drip onto my crossed ankles.

"I asked if you wanted to help me unpack and then you fell asleep on me. That was around four so you have been asleep for around eighteen hours."

"EIGHTEEN HOU-"

"Y/n!! Kai!! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. I missed hearing her saying that. I miss getting looked after and not having a worry in the world except what I was going to wear to school and if I had scribbled out my homework in time for the deadline.

Kai dashed out and headed in the direction of the nearest bathroom as I leaped off the bed and skipped to the mirror, calling out to my mom to tell her I was on my way. I made sure to sort my hair out before waltzing down the hallway and down the stairs. The aroma coming from the kitchen made my stomach scream in excitement. I was so hungry; I guess that's what 18 hours of no food gets you.

"Good morning mom, Kai is getting ready upstairs but he will be down soon." I said, giddily remembering how he looked just minutes ago. Fuck. How can someone be so cute and so god damn sexy at the same time? My mom nodded along and placed my plate in front of me: a stack of fluffy pancakes with strawberries and cream sleeping on top. I looked back at her with wide doe eyes; she was really going to town on the meals this time around.

"Oh my god! Mom, you are the best."

I didn't leave any time to spare, as I grabbed at my cutlery that had been placed down precisely next to my plate and dug in. It could have been because I hadn't eaten in almost a day, but the pancakes tasted magnificent. My mum took her seat opposite me and could only let out a giggle at my current self, hammering the food like there was no tomorrow.

"Where's dad?" I mumbled, popping a whole strawberry into my mouth.

"He has gone to pick up your brothers from the airport so they will be here shortly." She informed me, placing the small bowl of sugar beside my plate. I still couldn't imagine how my brothers were going to react. By the way they acted with me over text, I'm thinking not very well. But they need to grow up and realise that things have changed. Keeping a promise that is so unrealistic at this point is pathetic and I'm hoping they know that by now.

After a few minutes, I heard Kai come crashing down the stairs. I decided I had had enough of lodging my breakfast down my throat so I placed my cutlery back down and waited patiently to see the man of my dreams. He swung around the corner with a radiating, contagious smile and sat down next to me, placing his hand on my thigh, stroking it comfortingly.

"Right, well I will leave you two to talk, I have to make sure the boys' room is all ready for them." She said, bowing to both of us slightly and making her way upstairs.

"The boys' room? They all share a room?" Kai asked, digging into his breakfast as I examined his side profile in curiosity.

"Yeah I know, it's stupid. You would think living in a huge ass mansion like this, they would all want their own room but the truth is you can't keep the little fuckers apart. It would be like taking a puppy away from its mother to them, I don't even wanna see how they would react."

I picked up my plate and headed towards the dishwasher, placing it in as I waited for Kai to finish his food. Either I was talking gibberish for a while or Kai was on the verge of starving to death because his plate was almost clear. I saw myself beginning to clean up a few other dishes that were floating around in the sink. I was starting to do anything I possibly could to take my mind off the fact my brothers were going to walk through that door at any moment. I didn't even know how to feel about it but I knew it wasn't a good feeling. I should be feeling bittersweet at least but all I could picture was their faces once I tell them about Kai. I couldn't shake the negative feeling but finding things I could do around the room seemed to help.

"I'm thinking maybe I should go out today, I want to buy decorations of my own, you know for the car and my apartment and stuff." I said giddily, dancing back up to my seat and plopping myself down, bringing my chair a little closer to him.

"Hmm we can if you want, but if you're suggesting we put them little pink reindeer in my car then you better start suggesting other things because I'm n-"

"WOOOOOO!" I heard suddenly, as the front door swung open.

They were here.

"Well, at least the peace lasted a little while." I sighed, getting back up and heading towards the fridge for a bottle of water.

"WE'RE HOMEEEEE!!!" I heard Jungkook scream out followed by a screech from Hobi and Jimin. They are still the idiots they were 6 years ago but I was complaining, I guess it was kinda cute in a way.

"My brothers are here." I whispered into Kai's ear, grabbing onto his plate and putting it in the dishwasher beside mine. He stood up and tried to sort himself out. From the things I had told Kai about how protective they are of me, it only made sense that Kai was freaking out right now. I was just hoping my brothers weren't immature about it. But with the way they acted on the group chat, how could I not think the worst?

I ran out of the dining room and into the main hall where all my brothers were stood, dressed in their 'winter airport fashion' as their fans would call it, all wearing masks probably to cover themselves from paparazzi. I smiled at them all and their eyes shot in my direction instantly. Namjoon was the closest and so I ran up to him. He dropped his suitcase without a care and embraced me tightly, resting his head on mine, a slight chuckle of happiness leaving his mouth.

"I regret what I said so much baby girl." He whispered down to me, the whisper only loud enough to me to hear.

I smiled and reassured him that everything was okay. I couldn't even be bothered holding a grudge at this point. I was still kinda pissed with how they reacted but holding grudges was not the way to solve things; they just make you feel worse. Plus, it was Christmas and I didn't want to be clouded by any negativity so accepting their apologies was the best thing I could do.

Without having anytime free from Joonie's hug, I got attacked by Jimin's embrace, my head colliding with his warm, fluffy hoodie.

"I missed you so much princess, I can't even explain." He mumbled, grabbing me by my waist, and picking me up. I giggled and kicked my legs about in excitement.

After saying hello again to all my brothers and saying our apologies for god knows what at this point, I stood back and admired them. Every minute I spent with them felt so surreal and precious so to finally have them home for Christmas, it felt like a dream come true. I missed wasting my days away with them, bickering with them, laughing with them. But I didn't have to miss it anymore; we were finally together again.

"I'm so glad we get to spend Christmas all together this year." I said to them all, however from what it looked like, their eyes were not on me...

Word Count: 1579